Dacia Sandero - servicing rear drum brakes on my Dacia Sandero - dinamyc

What is the tightening torque of the centre retaining nut?

Dacia Sandero - servicing rear drum brakes on my Dacia Sandero - 3uga

Go to the dealer and ask them to help you out.
Searching, I found that you need 280Nm at logan

Dacia Sandero - servicing rear drum brakes on my Dacia Sandero - dinamyc

Go to the dealer and ask them to help you out.
Searching, I found that you need 280Nm at logan

Thanks. On utube I found the torque given as 174Nm for a Renault Clio. Dacia uses many Clio parts.

Dacia Sandero - servicing rear drum brakes on my Dacia Sandero - skidpan

Thanks. On utube I found the torque given as 174Nm for a Renault Clio. Dacia uses many Clio parts.

It may use "many" Clio parts but are you willing to risk that the nuts are the same on both cars? Bit of an issue if a wheel/brake assembly fall off at 70 mph.

Utube may be a solution to many things but there is probably more nonsense than true fact on there.

You really need to get the correct figure not only for safety reasons but also to avoid damage.

Edited by skidpan on 22/10/2018 at 11:11

Dacia Sandero - servicing rear drum brakes on my Dacia Sandero - gordonbennet

Can't help with the torque figure, though well done for being one of us, a dwindling number of car owners who believe in proper car maintenance.

I assume this is another horrid one piece design where the hub is part of the brake drum, but please don't tell me its all in one piece now where a new brake drum has to come complete in hub with bearing already pressed (and crimped) permanently in place? @ £££?

What was wrong with a standard separate drum, usually held on with a screw bolt or two, even the tiny family Aygo has such sensible cheaply replaceable and easy to service rear brakes, which incidentally i checked over when i serviced it on Saturday.

Dacia Sandero - servicing rear drum brakes on my Dacia Sandero - edlithgow

Yeh. Given the story that Dacia are retro maintainable cars like yesteryear, (or at least that was my impression) a unitary drum/hub (which I think my Skywing also has, sadly) is a bit of a disappointment.

Actually, come ton think on't, this may not be relevant, but on the Skywing I don't think there IS a torque figure (I can't get a manual for it so I can't be sure).

The hub/drum is retained by a castellated nut with a crows-foot clip that goes through a drilling in the stub axle. I just snug it up fairly firmly and then back it off enough to get the clip in. There doesn't seem to be any choice, or any way of compensating for wear.

I suppose I've never really liked that, though no problems so far

Edited by edlithgow on 29/10/2018 at 07:58