Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - Matt@

Hi, I have a 2015 Fiesta 1.25 and need to change the oil and ant the right product

. The Ford car manual says use WSS-M2C948-B or C

Halfords do Castrol as above spec and its fully synthetic

Eurocarparts do Shell Helix which is semi synthetic no mention of the WSS number that I can see.

Both above oils came up on a reg plate search on the respective websites.

Is it ok to use either?

Thanks!

Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - KenC

Buying well known Branded Oil or at Halfords is usually more expensive than other outlets

eg Wilco/Ebay/ECP/ASDA etc, lots of

I use this oil in a Ford Fiesta, suitable for Ford requirements (see label), price includes delivery

search for Drivetec Fully Synthetic 5W 30-Engine Oil 5L

Suitable for a wide variety of Ford Engines including yours currently on Flea bay delivered for £18

look at front label of photo for suitability

Edited by KenC on 08/10/2018 at 10:08

Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - elekie&a/c doctor

Fully synthetic 5/30 .Check spec here;www.commaoil.com/products

Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - KenC

Furthermore I have read claims/opinions that suggest that Fully Synthetic Oil may have a slighty longer efficient life than semi synthetic, for the price of the one I use (above) I see no diffrence and change it yearly ( even though low mileage)

Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - skidpan

The Ford spec used to be for Semi Synthetic and then changed to fully synthetic noting that the oil was backwards compatible.

At the same time Castrol changed the labling on Magnatec from Semi to Fully but no more info. I spoke to Castrol (had been using Magnatec in the Caterham for several years) and they told me it was exactly the same oil but a change in the rules allowed them to call it fully synthetic.

He went on to explain that Semi and Fully are virtually the same product and that the labling allowed is confusing (and very profitable for them). If you want a true Fully Synthetic oil its needs to be based on Ester's and POA's and these oils are far more expensive.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - John F

I would use this.

www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-fully-synthetic-motor-oi...2

I have moved from cheapo semi-synthetic to this for the last two changes for our Focus 1.6 Zetec. Assuming you are changing the filter as well, pour one litre of it into a spare 1 litre plastic bottle to use for future top-ups, and put the remaining 4 litres into the fully drained engine. Actually, you might want to put just less than 4 litres in to keep the oil level nearer the minimum mark in the dipstick for quicker warm up as winter is coming on. If outside, even now it's only a few degrees above freezing at dawn.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 - Engine oil - synthetic semi or full - the_bandit

I'm using Shell Helix Ultra 5W30 (Fully Synth) in that engine.

It quotes compatibility with WSS-M2C913-C, WSS-M2C913-D on the back.