Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 2014 - Secondhand Fiesta - Clutch problems? - Shadowcat
Hi guys,

Just picked up a used Fiesta today at my local franchised dealership. I had a couple of family members test drive the car before buying, I’ve recently passed my test and wanted to make sure that it was test driven by someone with experience.

I drove it for the first time today and can’t help wonder if there is something wrong with the clutch (could be my inexperience, could be me comparing it to my instructors newer model! Please bear with me!)

My issues are:

- The clutch pedal feels really soft. Hardly any give at all!
- The car was revving quite high even when taking my foot off the gas it didn’t drop
- The car was rumbling loudly until it was put in a higher gear than it should be. The indicator screen on the dash also kept suggesting a higher gear was needed. We’re talking 3rd whilst crawling and 4th whilst driving at 30mph, 5th for 40mph, etc.

Please help! It doesn’t feel quite right and I’m not sure whether or not to return to the dealership tomorrow to get it checked?
Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 2014 - Secondhand Fiesta - Clutch problems? - SLO76
Clutches are very light in operation on these and the 1.25 petrol is quite low geared so it’s very likely just different to the one you learned in. Was instructors car a diesel per chance?

Edited by SLO76 on 04/09/2018 at 23:24

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 2014 - Secondhand Fiesta - Clutch problems? - Shadowcat
Also a petrol but a 1.0 eco boost I believe. 2017 reg.

Good to know, thank you!
Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 2014 - Secondhand Fiesta - Clutch problems? - JONATHAN_11_80

A light clutch is good news. Trust me they get heavy with age which is when they are coming to the end of there life.