Help - red light camera - Dave888

Went through a amber traffic light today and there was a safety camera

If the light went red before the rear wheels cleared the line is that classed as an offence

Dont think but not 100% sure if there was a flash or not it was a GATSOMETER Camera

Any advice looked online and it said The camera is not triggered by vehicles crossing the stop line on yellow (amber) or green lights.

Does this mean the whole car has to be over the line before light goes red

Edited by Dave888 on 31/07/2018 at 17:30

Help - red light camera - ExA35Owner

Assuming you are the registered keeper (that is, it's your name on the V5) you need only wait 14 days from the offence to find out: you'll be sent a request to name the driver under S172.

In fact crossing on amber is also an offence, but it's likely that the camera is set to trigger a very short time after turning red.

Help - red light camera - Leif

I rather shame facedly admit to having been flashed by a traffic light camera, I say shame facedly as it is dangerous driving. I received no penalty, so clearly there was no film in, or the digital bits were wonky. You will find out soon ...

Help - red light camera - Bolt

I would be surprised if you got a fine, you was over and past the line or radar but as I recall it would be too dangerous too stop on amber light if you are going through as it changes

www.speedcamerasuk.com/traffic-light-camera.htm

Help - red light camera - Gibbo_Wirral

Depends on the road, speed limit of said road and trigger time before photograph.

Help - red light camera - craig-pd130

I've seen traffic light / junction cameras being triggered and the flash is VERY bright, even on a sunny day. If it flashed you, you will have seen it in your mirrors.