Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - frogmarch

Hi on my Vectra 1.9 cdti Sri I have been using Aircon and car seems to lack power when Aircon is on also when I pull away it nearly stalls with Aircon on then when I switch car off after using Aircon there is a funny smell would air con need repair thanks

Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - badbusdriver

Air-con does use power, there is a small compressor which powers the system. You will notice this when you switch it on (the revs will drop slightly), but on a car like that i'd have my doubts that it would make a meaninful difference in performance. Even on the 1.0 Daihatsu Sirion we used to have it didn't make that much difference. Regarding the funny smell, that could well be due to needing repaired, be it regassed, cleaned out, or whatever, but i doubt whatever the problem is would use more power than normal.

Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - elekie&a/c doctor
I would also check condition of the poly vee drive belt.Any excess wear could cause slip and a smell

Thanks for replies I will have a look when I get chance

Hi got another problem the emissions light came on and code p0400 exhaust gas recirculation flow, I put new ever valve on in April because old one was knackered could the new one be solved up already thanks

Hi reference my egr valve problem I put light out and have been using it for a few days and as it was hot had Aircon on and went out and started car today and emissions light back on checked code and only one was p0400 exhaust recirculation flow could having Aircon on be related or is it just coincidence and going to have look at egr valve tomorrow or could it be something else thanks

Hi on Vectra cdti 1.9 16 valve I started car and it sounded like starter had fell out but it started went to put in reverse and let clutch up and seemed really high but it reversed then put into first and clutch bite was high where as when I drove it before clutch was ok went to change into second and pedal only came up a little had to put foot under to put it up but was driving ok now clutch is fine ,only had car since April and done this a couple of times supposed to had new clutch could this be cylinder for clutch thanks

Hi on the Vectra cdti would it pass not with a straight through exhaust from cat back thanks