Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - Mackiesis49

Hi guys! Can anyone confirm whether this is actually the 2018 model? (this one) My friend says its not but the sales representative claims that it is. I've been burned before and I want to take all precautions before going any further with this dealer.

Thanks and happy riding!

Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - SteVee

What other model year could it be ?
I believe this is a new model - at least in the European marketplace.
Does the KRT refer to Kawasaki Racing Team - or something else ?
It looks like the model that Ana Carrasco is having some great success with in the Supersport300 class - which is new in the 2018 racing calendar.
What model year does your friend suggest it is ?

Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - badbusdriver

Surely the question is why the OP has not posted this in the biker section?

Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - Avant

It's there now.

Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - SteveLee

There isn;t an older version of that particular model - it's a new model.

Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - focussed

You can check the model year of any bike or car by checking the VIN.

www.vin-decoder.net/

Kawasaki Ninja 400 KRT - Newbie question: Is this really the 2018 model? - SteVee

That's a very good - and easy check. I went to see a Suzuki DL1000 at a dealer that they had just taken out of its packing crate. It was two years old :-). I bought a 2nd hand Yamaha TDM900 which gave sterling service.