Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - oldroverboy.

www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/nissan-jo...l

Is it raining dats'n cogs in the motor industry?

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - Engineer Andy

Ooooh - that's one heck of a pun. Still, today's HJ Agony column (part 1) beats that with 'Flat Lined' given the subject matter of the letter/email. read the first couple of sentences of that enquiry too - the 'reason' why she bought the Lexus.

Anyhoo, I'm not surprised that job losses at such firms, as way too many of the European-dominated car firms (given Nissan is effectively run by Renault) went all-in on diesel after the stupid scientific interpretations of the EU bureacrats and politicians made diesels artifically 'green' when they never were - they wer just better for lugging heavy loads and for long distance driving.

I have sympathy for the workforce (man and woman on the shop floor away from management) but not the top brass, though I suspect few of them will be getting the chop.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - daveyK_UK
They are meant to be cutting staff at the Nissan factory in Spain that makes the piece of junk called the NV200 van and mpv.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - alan1302

Anyhoo, I'm not surprised that job losses at such firms, as way too many of the European-dominated car firms (given Nissan is effectively run by Renault) went all-in on diesel after the stupid scientific interpretations of the EU bureacrats and politicians made diesels artifically 'green' when they never were - they wer just better for lugging heavy loads and for long distance driving.

I have sympathy for the workforce (man and woman on the shop floor away from management) but not the top brass, though I suspect few of them will be getting the chop.

The UK government and the EU have pushed disel engines and the companiies have responded to what they have bene asked to make. Can't blame them for that.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - Warning

"The UK government and the EU have pushed disel engines and the companiies have responded to what they have bene asked to make. Can't blame them for that."

I don't recall there being any problem with Nissan/Renault diesel engines?

However, many cities are getting tough on air quality.

It will effect re-sale values of diesel cars..

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - Ethan Edwards

"The UK government and the EU have pushed disel engines and the companiies have responded to what they have bene asked to make. Can't blame them for that."

I don't recall there being any problem with Nissan/Renault diesel engines?

However, many cities are getting tough on air quality.

It will effect re-sale values of diesel cars..

Perhaos you need to google " m9r engine problems " then rephrase that. The one I traded in had led a sheltered life and properly looked after. But I was living on borrowed time with it, given how it sounded to me compared to how it used to sound five years earlier. Salesman was happy though and away it went. Loved the performance economy fine but like owning a pet scorpion sooner or later..

Nissan themselves stopped selling the 2litre diesel in the Qashqai soon after I bought one in 2012 ish.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - Warning

When Brexit was annouced, I do recall writting here, saying the Japanese owners will have felt betrayed by city of Sunderland. They voted 60% to leave the EU, which was much highest in the country.

Dyson, is in favour of Brexit, but his vaccum cleaners are made overseas. In the case of Nissan, it is different.

The car industry is slowing down Nissan sales tumpbvled 16% last month and Ford down 14.6%. VW unchanged......

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - gordonbennet

Anyone get the gut feeling the next downturn is getting underway?, and i don't just mean in car sales leading to factory losses.

I work weekends a lot and what has been glaringly obvious is just how few lorries are on the road at weekends compared to the last few years, typical MSA lorry parks which would have been almost rammed full of foreign vehicles virtually deserted.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - mss1tw

Thanks GB, always good to get reports from 'real life' as numbers can be made to tell any story you like (Financial, or to stay on topic, VAG emissions data)

It feels like something is about to pop, but then we've been on borrowed time since 2008.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - daveyjp
Capita in trouble too. Carillion mk2 potentially and they run lots of public services, including whole Councils such as Barnet.

They also own Parking Eye who have scammed enough people over the years that I hope it causes them pain.
Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - Steveieb
Hasn't it been reported previously on this forum that Renault who own Nissan have been eyeing up the successful Nissan range to transfer production to their French plants which are under used , maybe because the product line is not as strong ?
Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - Terry W

Coming up to a Brexit where, at best, companies will be looking to minimise risk it is no surprise that it will be the UK plants that suffer.

With no deal or customs union yet, companies:

- will look to place any new investment on the European mainland

- will reduce capacity in the UK in preference to mainland plant closures.

We are only seeing a risk reduction strategy being implemented. Wholesale production transfers will await the actual outcome of an exit agreement.

Coming up to a Brexit where, at best, companies will be looking to minimise risk it is no surprise that it will be the UK plants that suffer.

How do you explain the Luton Vauxhall van plant where PSA have agreed to a long term deal to build the Vivaro van?

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - daveyK_UK
Capita in trouble too. Carillion mk2 potentially and they run lots of public services, including whole Councils such as Barnet. They also own Parking Eye who have scammed enough people over the years that I hope it causes them pain.

This is good news, capita are a bad firm from my experience of dealing with them.

Furthermore, they run the TV tax licensing revenue scheme on behalf of the BBC, and based on hundreds if not thousands of youtube videos and internet forum stories, some of their staff have an issue with the truth.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 25/04/2018 at 00:08

Anyone get the gut feeling the next downturn is getting underway?, and i don't just mean in car sales leading to factory losses.

Could be - but not down to Brexit - the much lower ammounts of money the governemnt had been putting into local services is pushing a lot more people at the bottom of the pile further down than they can go.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - focussed

That sounds like the start of what happened in the late eighties/early nineties - very little traffic on the roads, 3 million unemployed, interest rates doubled to 15% etc.

Datsun - Now nissan cutting jobs - focussed

I work weekends a lot and what has been glaringly obvious is just how few lorries are on the road at weekends compared to the last few years, typical MSA lorry parks which would have been almost rammed full of foreign vehicles virtually deserted.

That sounds like the start of what happened in the late eighties/early nineties - very little traffic on the roads, 3 million unemployed, interest rates doubled to 15% etc.

Dyson, is in favour of Brexit, but his vaccum cleaners are made overseas. In the case of Nissan, it is different.

JCB were in favour of Brexit and they do manufacture here