Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - oldroverboy.

As some of you will know, Youngrovergirl is a Doctor..

While she was in theatre, in scrubs, some lowlife stole ALL her clothes from the changing room. If i find them, suggestions on a postcard please.

Sadly I am not allowed to drive over them..

Edited by oldroverboy. on 20/04/2018 at 15:27

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - Gerry Sanderson

Scum

I thought majority of hospitals had cctv covering people coming in and going out.

Check anf if yes view to see who iscarrying aything?

dvd

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - nick62

Terrible news. Are you at libery to say at which hospital ORB?

Terrible news. Are you at libery to say at which hospital ORB?

Better not to! (I think)

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - Bianconeri
Shows what a nasty country this has become over the last 20 years or so. Hope karma rears its head and royally screws the perpatrator.
Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - nellyjak

That's disgraceful...Grrr.!...I guess anything that either you or anyone else might suggest will be highly illegal..though perhaps closer to appropriate justice.

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - concrete

I am afraid that theft from hospitals, schools, offices etc etc has been an epidemic for years.

I realise that it is stable doors and horses, but the only answer is secure lockers. I am surprised that hospital staff don't have access to lockers in staff only areas.

Unfortunately YRG is no a poorer but wiser person. So sorry ORB I feel your pain.

Cheers Concrete

The "funny" bit is she waited an hour for me to go and get her.. as i was out walking the dog. came home in some nice baggy red/purple scrubs..(now returned ..)

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - corax

Are there not any cameras in that vicinity? Maybe the perpetrator could be identified?

edit - sorry already suggested. This heat is playing with my mind!

Edited by corax on 20/04/2018 at 17:55

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - joegrundy

Sorry to hear this, ORB, esp as from your previous posts you come across as a bloke to help others.

'No good deed goes unpunished' is the old saying, but you really have to ask yourself how some s***bags live with themselves.

Expensive to replace? I'd be happy to chip in, or even buy the lady some flowers and a bottle of wine to reassure her that the world isn't wholly bad ...

Expensive to replace? I'd be happy to chip in, or even buy the lady some flowers and a bottle of wine to reassure her that the world isn't wholly bad ...

Thanks for the offer but not necessary.

What hurts is that someone is stealing from the changing room while people are in theatre!!!!

I'll feed her a very small glass of jagermeister as a digestif later.

Response was, we can't do anything about it.

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - focussed

It doesn't surprise me - OH has had her cheque book stolen when working in the NHS as a secretary to the chief nurse/matron/manager whatever they are called nowadays.

The laugh was it was our budget account cheque book - and was in deficit at the time!

Computer monitors and laptops also regulary went missing aand that was 20 years ago!

It was a member of staff that nicked it - a nurse, because she got caught passing the cheques.

Edited by focussed on 20/04/2018 at 18:01

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - Engineer Andy

As some of you will know, Youngrovergirl is a Doctor..

While she was in theatre, in scrubs, some lowlife stole ALL her clothes from the changing room. If i find them, suggestions on a postcard please.

Sadly I am not allowed to drive over them..

I'd start with:

• The cleaning staff, most of whom are on a pittance and long hour contracts from third party firms and not direct. At my school, the cleaners were sacked and reported to the police (25+ years ago) because they broke into the 6th Form Common Room's storage cupboard and knicked all our supplies, including food and drinks for the vending machines.
  • Contractors doing work on the hospital. Again, lots of barely-vetted and dodgy third parties doing 'work' in public and private areas with nary a look or questioning them being there. Again, I've seen this happen in Construction as a nice little sideline to boost wages.
  • Sadly, walk-ins (opportunists) from the street, who take advantage of public buildings like hospitals being very busy and staff not challenging anyone for being in the wrong place or doing anything that looks dodgy. Many likely to half-inch almost anything to pay for drugs, weapons, booze, etc.

Unless the perpetrator was caught on camera in the vicinity of the locker room with said bundle of stuff or a 'bag of swag' and their face clearly visible (most aren't as most buildings CCTV systems are rubbish and old), then I doubt if they'll be caught unless they are dumb and try and sell it on at the local market.

What begs a question or two is how they a) gained entry into a room that should always be locked by a key or keypad, and b) how did they easily gain entry to the lockers themselves? Having a set of bolt-cutters under your coat is not easily concealable.

Edited by Engineer Andy on 20/04/2018 at 20:00

What begs a question or two is how they a) gained entry into a room that should always be locked by a key or keypad, and b) how did they easily gain entry to the lockers themselves? Having a set of bolt-cutters under your coat is not easily concealable.

No lockers... no keypad entry. no locks....

Edited by oldroverboy. on 20/04/2018 at 20:12

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - John F

SHMBO was a nurse 40yrs ago - she tells me they often had purses stolen. But clothes?! Sounds as though someone has a grudge, unless they were designer-wear.

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - Smileyman

I've experienced someone stealing someone else's lunch out of the office fridge - but not taking clothes from a surgeon ... give them a nice freshly prepared pint (or two) of moviprep to drink .... one of the medical world's better creations.

Any - Nothing to do with Motoring except ORB is cross! - expat

A rotten thing to do especially to someone who has dedicated herself to helping others.

I used to work in a hospital and there were lots of thefts. People walk up and down the corridors and no one knows who they are. I have caught people walking through the admin area trying the doors to find which were unlocked. We always warned people coming in for elective surgery not to bring any valuables. When people were admitted from Emergency their belongings were put on an itemised list and sealed in an envelope witnessed by two staff members then kept in a safe.