all cars - Why don't the police do anything for traffic? - Free-man

Sitting in traffic the other day in Hammersmith. People flying up the bus lane. I was behind a cop car waiting until legal to cross into that lane to veer off to the left. Cops did absolutely nothing about these cars. Not the first time I've come across cops doing nothing to taffic offenders. Is it just speeding they are hot on?

all cars - Why don't the police do anything for traffic? - Bromptonaut

Sitting in traffic the other day in Hammersmith. People flying up the bus lane. I was behind a cop car waiting until legal to cross into that lane to veer off to the left. Cops did absolutely nothing about these cars. Not the first time I've come across cops doing nothing to taffic offenders. Is it just speeding they are hot on?

Well that inquiry is a refeshing change from the usual 'nearside front wheel in buslane for a nano-second while fire appliance passed' complaints.

Bus lanes in London Boroughs are enforced by Councils/TfL - no longer a Police matter. Motorists may well get their come-upance from cameras - either static or on the buses.

all cars - Why don't the police do anything for traffic? - bathtub tom

Was it a 24 hour bus lane? I've come across many in London that aren't.

all cars - Why don't the police do anything for traffic? - galileo

Was it a 24 hour bus lane? I've come across many in London that aren't.

I always wonder why so few drivers read the blue signs showing the hours and days when some bus-lanes apply: rather pleased as I use bus lanes when permitted and gain advantage from doing so.

I suppose it shows their poor levels of observation, maybe reading signs whiile driving is too difficult.

all cars - Why don't the police do anything for traffic? - Free-man

Gosh I must be more careful when driving, in rush hour traffic can be so heavy I find myself in the sacrisanct yellow box. Good to know about that, thanks.

With reading the bus zone times, I am definitely guilty of not reading signs and yes I would find it too distracting especially in around Hammersmith where driving can be hairy.