Nissan Micra 1995 - Thermostat Gasket - Wensum

I need to replace the thermostat on my 1995 1L Nissian Micra. I haven't replaced a thermostat for a few years and was wondering what type of replacment gasket is generally used these days? Euro Car Parts, tell me the thermostat isn't supplied with a new gasket and they are unable to supply a seperate gasket. Is some sort of "instant gasket" widely used now ( I have no experiance of using it) or can somebody suggest where I could obtain a replacement gasket?

Thank you for any useful help and advise.

Nissan Micra 1995 - Thermostat Gasket - elekie&a/c doctor
I doubt it is an old style paper gasket.it is more likely to be a rubber/silicon type joint.it may only be available with a new t/stat housing.
Nissan Micra 1995 - Thermostat Gasket - galileo

I need to replace the thermostat on my 1995 1L Nissian Micra. I haven't replaced a thermostat for a few years and was wondering what type of replacment gasket is generally used these days? Euro Car Parts, tell me the thermostat isn't supplied with a new gasket and they are unable to supply a seperate gasket. Is some sort of "instant gasket" widely used now ( I have no experiance of using it) or can somebody suggest where I could obtain a replacement gasket?

Thank you for any useful help and advise.

If the mating faces are clean and flat a bead of Blue Hylomar or similar RTV should work.

Nissan Micra 1995 - Thermostat Gasket - skidpan

I know this might appear a bizzare answer but why not visit a Nissan dealer.

Believe it or not they sell parts for Nissans and will give you advice should no specific part be available.

That would never have crossed my mind! Maybe because I don't wish to spend pounds on a car worth pence?!

Nissan Micra 1995 - Thermostat Gasket - skidpan

That would never have crossed my mind! Maybe because I don't wish to spend pounds on a car worth pence?!

A genuine Nissan gasket will not cost a fortune and should work first time if fitted correctly and no other parts are faulty. A bodge with silicone is just that, a bodge. Even with propper sealant its still a bodge if a gasket was fitted during manufacture.

Its your call but if the car is otherwise OK spending a few pounds on it is far better than destroying it with a bodge.

Just carried out a quick Google and although I don't have the VIN for you car it looks like a thermostat complete with an assortment of gaskets is under £15.

Edited by skidpan on 18/03/2018 at 11:48

Having been informed by someone on the foram on "MSC" about "nissan4u.com", I have found this: If the information on "nissan4u.com" is to be be believed, looking at the diagram of the thermostat for my 1995 1L (link below), it would seem the thermostat was fitted using "Gasket-liquid" from new and it had a Gates thermostat (part no: 2120099B03) with an opening temperature of 82'. I haven't found an hour to pull the thermostat out and replace it, but this information may prove useful.

http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/er_...rmostat_water_hose_and_piping/illustration_1/