08 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci - Juddering / misfire - Fiestaman 2999

Hi folks ive noticed when driving my 1.4 tdci fiesta there is like a juddder or misfire to say.

Ive been told that injector seals are a common problem in these engines. I was wondering would anyone have any clue before i go spending money in the mechanics. The judder isnt very strong but noticable. Its also an irregular thing, it may happen now and it might not happen for another 1 or 2 hours of driving, ive just been on a 2.5 hour journey and it happen twice on acceleration.

Ive noticed when starting the engine first thing in the morning there is a strong smell of diesel and it just lingers for a little while ive been told this to was a sign of injector seals. Would any one have a rough idea how much injector seals are to replace.

I would love to hear your replys and if anyone else has experience this i would love to hear what the problem was. Thank you. Bob.

08 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci - Juddering / misfire - elekie&a/c doctor

Leaking injector seals can certainly cause this problem. The parts are not expensive,but it is a massive job and you run the risk of breaking or damaging other parts in the process.Is it worth it on a car this old?

08 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci - Juddering / misfire - Galaxy

My niece had one of these cars and had the same problem.

She had to have the injector seals replaced, together with about three of the injectors. They won't come out of the head!

Cost was several hundred pounds, as I recall.

08 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci - Juddering / misfire - Kekettykek

I had a Citroen C3 with this engine and blown injector seals are usually accompanied by a very noticable chuffing noise with a smell of diesel exhaust in the cabin. Didn't have any problems with juddering or misfiring until later when I had air getting into the fuel system and also having to give the priming pump a few squeezes to get it started. Replacement of the fuel filter, its housing and adjacent pipework cured that.

08 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci - Juddering / misfire - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

I've had it on my 1.4Tdci, and it's always down to injectors and the associated pipework. Luckily, I've never heard of anyone having trouble getting the injectors out of this engine (where as Mercedes vans are often written off because the injectors won't come out). I've had new seats and seals and pipes three times on my 2006 Fiesta, in its 217,500 miles that it's done.