Season Greetings - daveyK_UK

Merry Christmas

Season Greetings - Bolt

Merry Christmas all, without snow again.

Season Greetings - Ryan2008

Merry Christmas to all of you

Season Greetings - SLO76
Merry Christmas to all.. I’ll not be sober enough to drive and thankfully won’t have the need for the next week. Traditional drunk bloke Christmas shopping beckons tomorrow so hopefully the bank card survives intact and I don’t leave what I buy at my a***.
Season Greetings - oldroverboy.

As per title. If you hate Christmas that's too bad, it will be over before you know it.

Don't drink and drive otherwise oldroverboy will be after you!

I'll be driving over 300 miles on Christmas Day!

Don't worry, ORB will be+ showing his 2 canadian nephews how to drink Malt whisky, ie no water or anything in it.

Youngrovergirl is the one to fear, and having had the short straw for many years is off from the 16th dec till the 3rd of january, but I am sure her colleagues in the NHS would appreciate a bit of calm...

niece arriving also from Toronto later this morning, so far "only a 2 hour delay.. LOL!

Season Greetings - John F

As per title, best wishes to all and thanks for another year's entertaining reading and debate. Solstice celebrations now under way - nice to sense the days growing longer.

Season Greetings - Avant

A very happy - preferably merry - Christmas to all from me too.At the time of writing, three carol services done and two to play for, plus Midnight Communion and Christmas morning. Children and grandchildren all coming, by some miracle one family at a time.

Season Greetings - Manatee

Best wishes to all.

I will be under attack from grandchildren for a few days so possibly a less frequent visitor. Unlike ORB I will be taking my whisky 2:1 with water.

Don't forget to panic buy, the shops will be shut on Monday.

Season Greetings - concrete

I would like to add my greetings and very best wishes to forum members one and all.

My son has bought me a bottle of Old Poultney and Aberlour single malt whisky. Just a dash of water. My father, a proud Scot, taught me that was the way. His only exception was in Laphroig his personal favourite. Mine is actually Macallan but never look a gift horse>>>>>>

Best wishes from Concrete

Season Greetings - argybargy

Driving to a relly's for Christmas Day, but the rest of the week its "comfortably seated at our gaff with Southern Comfort at hand".

Happy Christmas, and here's hoping Trump keeps his finger off the nuke button for another 12 months at least.

Season Greetings - movilogo

Merry Xmas to all

Just for you to try something different..

My favourites...

Bowmore "surf"

Glen Garioch 46 proof.

Penderyn.. welsh and beautifully light on the palate...

Season Greetings - RT

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - I hope 2018 brings everything you wish for.

I'm looking forward to opening a bottle of Jura Origin when I get back from my son's. I think my main task for the day will be building a Technic Lego BMW motorbike for my 5-year old grandson.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - I hope 2018 brings everything you wish for.

I'm looking forward to opening a bottle of Jura Origin when I get back from my son's. I think my main task for the day will be building a Technic Lego BMW motorbike for my 5-year old grandson.

Hic, we also have a bottle of "origin" and one of "superstition" but not tonight ............................................................................................................hic.....

Just a little surprise addition to the bits about my whisky choices...

My wife and her sister went out buying cases of whiskey in baghdad during the sanctions in Baghdad at the time of the first gulf war...

this year, with my brother in law we have been enjoying some nice 50-60 year old malts.. and some 40 year old brandies.

slowly....

Edited by oldroverboy. on 23/12/2017 at 21:20

Season Greetings - RT

Hic, we also have a bottle of "origin" and one of "superstition" but not tonight ............................................................................................................hic.....

Jura Origin is smooth, not fiery like most Islay/Jura malts - Superstition is too fiery for me.,

Season Greetings - gordonbennet

Indeed, a very happy Christmas to all our posters, mods and visitors, and next year you lurkers out there get involved, we don't bite that much, and its entirely possible you'll learn absolutely nothing of any use at all after all the waffling, just like the rest of us then :-)

Its my weekend on shift so still got to work tomorrow, then 3 days off then back on shift again, not complaining mind i work 28 days a year less than a normal 5 day week due to the shift pattern, swings and roundabouts to put it in a motoring theme.

Season Greetings - focussed

A very happy christmas to all the forum contributors, workers, Avant, HJ himself etc.

We will have a trad english xmas here in France on xmas day despite the slightly unusual way, to us brits, that the french do xmas.

They have their big christmas meal tomorrow night, on christmas eve, usually mountains of sea-food, foie gras, roast turkey, pork or venison, cheeses. dessert etc all floating on gallons (litres?) of red wine.

Then they spend christmas day recovering and go back to work on what is to us, boxing day!

We've already had one xmas dinner last saturday with my local brit motorcycle club at a brilliant brit-run bar restaurant not far from us in an old mill next to a lake.

www.barrestaurantpontsamoel.com/ ( ok it's a bit of advertising, but they just bought the place, they are nice hardworking people and they do good food and accomodation - sorry!)

Season Greetings - Wackyracer

I'm back on Weds, will be driving a new MAN TGX - oh what a joy that will be :-/

Season Greetings - gordonbennet

I'm back on Weds, will be driving a new MAN TGX - oh what a joy that will be :-/

ya boo sucks :-) mine goes back early in the new year, waiting to see if i'm well thought of or not, the make of replacement will determine that.

seriously though, current MAN's are better than those who idolise labels and badges would have you believe, they're just a bit fragile inside and the rather too brittle outside fripperies fall off...probably VW's influence.

A tip for you WR, take a 40torx screwdriver with you, remove the three screw bolts that hold the headlight units in place (two in the front behind that flip off trim piece, one behind the little flip off panel above the cab steps) and grease the threads before refitting every 6 months or so, it might be 2 years before a single bulb blows in either headlight housing and those bolts will have rusted solid in the captive nuts behind in th meantime.

see folks, this is the home of utterly useless information...

Season Greetings - Wackyracer

A tip for you WR, take a 40torx screwdriver with you, remove the three screw bolts that hold the headlight units in place (two in the front behind that flip off trim piece, one behind the little flip off panel above the cab steps) and grease the threads before refitting every 6 months or so, it might be 2 years before a single bulb blows in either headlight housing and those bolts will have rusted solid in the captive nuts behind in th meantime.

I would if it was going to be my allocated vehicle for the foreseeable future but, it won't be and everything that needs doing will be done by the local MAN dealer. I got very close to going home the other day when the vehicle I was allocated for the day looked like someone had fly tipped rubbish inside it, I dread to think what some peoples houses must be like if the inside of their allocated trucks look like that.

see folks, this is the home of utterly useless information...

Oh GB, all information is useful if a person has use for it.

Season Greetings - Andrew-T

Merry Xmas to all ..... and don't forget the New Year, it'll be upon us soon enough, sooner than SLO expects if what he says is true ....

Season Greetings - Mike H

A merry Christmas to all from Austria. For us also, a traditional English christmas, or as close as we can get with local ingredients :-). Snow is rapidly melting down here in the valley after some heavy falls a couple of weeks ago, but it will still be white.

Just SWMBO and me tomorrow, but friends coming to us this evening and Boxing Day. Off to the UK on the 28th to catch up with the family.

I also have some Penderyn looking wistfully at me, and hopefully Santa will replenish my stocks of scotch....

Season Greetings - badbusdriver

Ho ho ho, merry Christmas!

Season Greetings - expat

Did Santa bring you a new van? We are all in suspense waiting to hear how your Megabus expedition went.

Season Greetings - Harry Patsons

Merry Christmas

Season Greetings - badbusdriver

Did Santa bring you a new van? We are all in suspense waiting to hear how your Megabus expedition went.

Ha ha!, yes he did!.

Been kinda busy trying to get it ready for work. But I will post something on my experience within the next few days!

Season Greetings - liammcl

Merry christmas to all
from me and my mobile disco car :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjF_hfk7qhY

y'all better sit down now
shock and awe...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b89xAaWnYmY

Cheers
Liam
ps can't say too much.
..it's the first rule of disco club... ;)