Hyundai ix35, 2.0 diesel, fwd. - Clutch pedal travel - rooba63

Clutch pedal on my wife's Hyundai Ix35, 93,000 miles, travels to the floor before it disengages. Then only have to lift about half an inch to engage again. Gear change has become quite notchy.

Does this suggest a worn clutch, or is it more likely to be the engagement mechanism? It is a hydraulic clutch so no adjustment.

Thanks

Hyundai ix35, 2.0 diesel, fwd. - Clutch pedal travel - Oli rag
From what you describe it sounds like the pressure plate is worn out. That’s not a bad mileage for a clutch to last on a heavy car which may have been used for towing.
Hyundai ix35, 2.0 diesel, fwd. - Clutch pedal travel - rooba63

Thanks for that. Only had a clutch go once - a long time ago - and it was the opposite. Pedal came right up before working. That's what is confusing me.

Hyundai ix35, 2.0 diesel, fwd. - Clutch pedal travel - Metropolis.
Check your brake fluid level. If empty it may be master/slave cylinder. 93k isn’t a great distance for a clutch but Hyundai don’t seem to have much luck with clutches..
Hyundai ix35, 2.0 diesel, fwd. - Clutch pedal travel - patrick.k

Hi rooba63,

Did you manage to fix the clutch problem? I'm having the exact same issue with my ix35 so I was just wondering what it turned out to be?

Clutch pedal on my wife's Hyundai Ix35, 93,000 miles, travels to the floor before it disengages. Then only have to lift about half an inch to engage again. Gear change has become quite notchy.

Does this suggest a worn clutch, or is it more likely to be the engagement mechanism? It is a hydraulic clutch so no adjustment.

Thanks