Ford Fiesta 1 litre Ecoboost - heated windscreens not working below 4 degrees - Focus girl
My fiesta heated front screens, mirrors & rear screens will not switch on or work when temp drops to below 4 degrees. Last winter I put my car to my local garage but at the time the temp was above this and they were unable to find any fault. Luckily they also didn't charge. Now this winter the same has happened again! Can anyone suggest ideas for what my hubby can check or do for this please? Has anyone else had similar issue? This is the sort of temperature where I most need the heated screens to work so it is frustrating.
Ford Fiesta 1 litre Ecoboost - heated windscreens not working below 4 degrees - elekie&a/c doctor

Not seen this before. Could be a low voltage issue on the charging/alternator circuit or even a poor battery. Does this car have stop/start system?

Ford Fiesta 1 litre Ecoboost - heated windscreens not working below 4 degrees - Focus girl
Hi yes car does have stop start but that hasn’t worked for about a year.
Ford Fiesta 1 litre Ecoboost - heated windscreens not working below 4 degrees - the_bandit

Those symptoms point to your car battery requiring replacing.

Ford Parts will often given a discount (if you ask!) and you're assured the correct spec.

Ford Fiesta 1 litre Ecoboost - heated windscreens not working below 4 degrees - elekie&a/c doctor

The fact that the stop/start system has a problem could also be related to the heated window issue. Certainly possible battery or alternator charging fault.

Thanks for your help I shall have both battery and alternator checked out.