Volvo needs you! - VolvoJon

Hello! My name’s Jon and I’m new here. I’m currently working for Volvo.

I wondered if anyone in the community would be interested in giving feedback on some of Volvo’s products and services?

Typically this involves me sharing a Volvo prototype with you to see what your reaction is.

If this sounds interesting, please pass on your email address here: (link removed) and I’ll be in touch with our latest prototype!

Edited by Avant on 22/11/2017 at 01:09

Volvo needs you! - CK91437

Hello! My name’s Jon and I’m new here. I’m currently working for Volvo.

I wondered if anyone in the community would be interested in giving feedback on some of Volvo’s products and services?

Typically this involves me sharing a Volvo prototype with you to see what your reaction is.

If this sounds interesting, please pass on your email address here: goo.gl/forms/EXqiS9GHlgv6MHsd2 and I’ll be in touch with our latest prototype!

is this a scam?......lol

Volvo needs you! - concrete

Avant, what do you think? You and I have Volvo cars. Concrete

Volvo needs you! - craig-pd130

is this a scam?......lol

I'd have to say it does look a little suspicious. No Volvo branding on the page in the link, and it's harvesting email addresses too. Even if it's a marketing agency working for Volvo, I would be cautious about giving my email address,

Having had two Volvo V60s over the past 6 years, I have some feedback on Volvo products which I'm happy to share publicly:

1) It would have been wise to test the EGR valves and coolers on the new VEA diesel motors properly before launching the engine to the public, rather than getting customers to do it for you. It would have cost a LOT less in the long run, and would have been better for customer goodwill.

2) Get an affordable petrol-electric PHEV into the vehicle range quickly, instead of a diesel PHEV. Then Volvo could compete again in the 3-series / Passat user-chooser market.

Volvo needs you! - RafflesNH

Since when does a motor manufacturer allow members of the public to 'test' prototypes?

I suggest this is a scam.

Volvo needs you! - nellyjak

It's pure bovine excrement...leave well alone...just an email gathering ploy.

Volvo needs you! - Avant

VolvoJon, if you are really working for Volvo, why don't you have an official Volvo E-mail address? Yours looks like a private one.

I have removed the link in case it's unsafe. If you think that's unfair, please E-mail me (moderators@honestjohn.co.uk) with proof that you work for Volvo.

Volvo needs you! - Fishermans Bend

For a start Volvo could start making their cars safer to drive. Many a year ago the all round visibility was second to none. Once known as tanks, they now have the all round visibility of a tank! Witness the C-Pillar of the XC40.

st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/09/2018-Vol...g

Edited by Fishermans Bend on 22/11/2017 at 17:04

Volvo needs you! - Avant

That is indeed a terrible blind spot, isn't it - compounded by rear headrests that don't look as if they fold down if no-one is in the rear seats.

The C-pillar isn't even attractive, not to my eyes at least. The XC60 and XC90, without the kicked-up metal, don't try to be clever and thus look much better. But they, I believe, knock a different nail into Volvo's safety credentials by following the insidious Peugeot / Citroen line of having the heater and AC controls operated through the touchscreen.

The XC40 brings back a childhood memory of old Percy's trousers. Old Percy was a stalwart of the British Legion in the village where I grew up in the 50s and 60s: for some equally unfathomable reason as with the XC40's styling, he always wore trousers where the cloth extended right up his back, almost to shoulder level, supported of course by braces.