Ford Mondeo MK4 ecoboost 240hp Powershift - Monde MK4 ecoboost 240 , MAP/MAF idle value ? - SniperLiao

Hi, everyone,

I got some turbo issue there. When I boost reach 1.3 bar(or less) the ecu just lock turbo , limit the boost bar to only 0.5bar, restart the car, lock will reset, but if pressure reach 1.3 bar it will lock again.

The ECU is modified by Superchip(UK), and it worked over 4 years, so I don't think remap is the reason.

I had monitor the OBD2 value, the idle speed MAP value is -0.4 bar, but same time MAF value is -0.8 bar, two sensors value gap is 0.4 bar, I read some articles that said a turbo viechle idle speed MAP value may be more than MAF value.

But I don't know the gap is 0.4 bar is it normal ?????

Anyone have same viechle could help?

Thank you.

Edited by SniperLiao on 20/11/2017 at 18:29

Ford Mondeo MK4 ecoboost 240hp Powershift - Monde MK4 ecoboost 240 , MAP/MAF idle value ? - hardway

Try posting this on "BBA REMANS" problems and solutions page.

Be warned though these guys can be a little well difficult if you omit information!

Be precice about the exact make/model/engine and scaner your running.

But that said there's some very tech trained guy's answering posts there.

Basically they know their stuff!

Ford Mondeo MK4 ecoboost 240hp Powershift - Monde MK4 ecoboost 240 , MAP/MAF idle value ? - Cyd

I think you are mixing up your readings and units. MAF is defo not measured in bar, but in g/s (usually) or other similar weight/time unit

As to the boost holding back: most likley contenders IMO:

# high IAT. (odd though at this time of year)

# boost leak (you'd expect an eml though)

# wastegate inop (solonoid, actuator)

are you sure it's supposed to boost to 18.5psi? Seems high for 'only' 240hp. Maybe that's an overboost condition and the ecu is protecting the engine?