Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - autumnboy

Looking at a Honda CR-V 2.0 S as a replacement in the coming months.

If travelling on a motorway with the cruise control at 70mph.

What could I realistically expect in mpg, not reffering to the manufacturers info.

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - RT

Look it up on the Real MPG section of this website

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - badbusdriver

'realistically', you can't expect anyone to be able to answer this with out knowing at least what age and gearbox it has. Honda have been selling the CR-V in the UK since 1997.

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - autumnboy

It will a 2018 plt - Manual

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - Mike H

The new CR-V due out early next year looks like it will have a 1.5 turbo petrol, so your question may be irrelevant.

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - badbusdriver

Only one 2.0 manual listed in Honest John real MPG section for 2012> CR-V, and it says 33.6MPG average.

But as i have mentioned before on here, that section of the website is of no practical use without knowing what kind of driving was being done. If there are heaps of examples listed, at least you can take an average over all of them, but in this case, with only one, it is meaningless without knowing how the car was driven.

If i had to guess, i would suggest you could expect around 40MPG for a steady 70MPH cruise.

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - rsvtoddy

What does your current vehicle do at 70mph? Once you know that compare it the official figures and use that ratio/percentage to work out an approximation for the new vehicle from the same official figure?

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - RT

What does your current vehicle do at 70mph? Once you know that compare it the official figures and use that ratio/percentage to work out an approximation for the new vehicle from the same official figure?

That used to work - but often doesn't with the modern test results.

Honda CR-V 2.0 S - MPG in real life - SLO76
If it's a manual 2wd you can expect around 35-37mpg day to day. It's a very robust engine and unlikely to ever give any grief. But with a new model around the corner you must be careful not to pay too much as depreciation will accelerate rapidly as the new car comes to market and dates the current model.

Also as with all large SUV's diesels are in greater demand and the torquey nature of these engines suits them better. The 2.0 petrol lacks midrange pull and is around 20mpg worse off than the equivalent 1.6 diesel which is also much quicker on the road than the petrol. This is the pick of the range and is one of the few modern diesels I'll recommend to anyone - I have one myself. If however you do a very limited annual mileage and most of it is local running petrol will be the only option. Just don't pay too much!

Edited by SLO76 on 30/10/2017 at 22:38