Nissan Primera p12 2006 1.8 petrol. - flat spot - Anz

If Ididn't know bettter its just like going back years when carburators on the go,it's fine any other time but going up into second it's just like a flat spot then picks up,doesn't do it all the time,I've changed plugs,all filters checked all air connections earth connections,but still there any ideas would be appreciated.Ive also gave it a dose of injector cleaner.

Edited by Anz on 03/10/2017 at 23:10

Nissan Primera p12 2006 1.8 petrol. - flat spot - SLO76
These are prone to timing chain stretch which would knock the timing out and possibly cause this. There's no lingering rattle on start up is there?

no rattle or anything like that,engine is as quiet as a mouse.Doesn't do it when I want it to,as i have a diagnostic meter,nothing showing on that,runs up and down motorway nay problem,only does it now and again.It's only done 78,000.pulls great,once when I was overtaking it felt like it cut out completely,but it was a split second and away it went again,never done that again.

Nissan Primera p12 2006 1.8 petrol. - flat spot - focussed

Check that the mass airflow meter housing is airtight at both ends, and consider cleaning the sensor inside the meter - there are some videos on the tube showing how to do this - the innards are fragile so be careful what you use to do this.

How's about this,coming home tonight it was running fine,as it was just abiut lighting up time put on my side lights,she started to draw up put them off and away she went,any ideas,I'm thinking bad earth somewhere.