Peurgot 307 - Car cutting out - diddydiner
Hi, I recently had a new clutch fitted and since then I had the engine management light on showing oil and battery. It goes off after a while and I have drove the car a few times . It's now cutting out on me whilst driving. Any ideas ?
Peurgot 307 - Car cutting out - hardway

Check the battery to gearbox earth lead.

Thanks. Will do.
Peurgot 307 - Car cutting out - Gibbo_Wirral

Bet they didn't remove the sensor in the gearbox housing when they changed the clutch and its now damaged. Seen this a lot on the Pug forums.

Hi Thanks for the respose. I have still not sorted the car yet. I hooked it up to a cheap reader and its saying crankshaft sensor and missfire on number 3 ! I wondered if it was to do with the fitting as i have never had any trouble untill this ??

I told you it was the sensor last month.

Yes Thanks. I took it back to garage and they said it was the fuel pump as it wouldn't start. I got that done and no change. I then bought a reader which said the crankshaft sensor. Getting that done tomorrow.
Yes I know , but the garage said it was the fuel pump ! p***ed off about it. X
Peurgot 307 - Car cutting out - hardway

Fuel pump doesn't trigger if there's no crank angle sensor signal.

So changed the sensor and plug s. Still a bit lumpy though

You need a decent PLANET diagnostic. Scan anything code readers are useless and can mislead.

I've done some tests with various scanners on my previous 307s with a known EGR, diesel heater sensor, and glow plug faults and only Planet picked up these fault codes and read the live data to show that the parts were indeed faulty.

Google "Planet Owners Map"

Update. Was the crankshaft sensor and coil pack. Running great now.