Mini 2012 1.6 Petrol Auto - Engine malfunction light - nicnac

Hi,

Last week thursday the check engine light came on. i booked it in for a diagnostic at the mini dealer. The car seemed to have lost some power but still able to drive anyway i stopped driving it. The appointment was this morning. When i started the car the light went off and the car seems back to normal. Has the car just corrected itself? Should i still have it looked at if the light is gone off?

Thanks

Mini 2012 1.6 Petrol Auto - Engine malfunction light - madf

There will be stored error codes. These may point to an underlying problem temporarily sorted...A garage need only read the stored codes- a 5 minute job..

Mini 2012 1.6 Petrol Auto - Engine malfunction light - Gibbo_Wirral

The light will disappear after three "cycles" (i.e. three instances of starting the car, driving and then leaving it for a period).

Intermittent faults can come and go all the time, for a variety of reasons (bad fuel, even sensors being misread when battery demand on starting is higher).

If it were me I'd be curious as to why is saying "I'm poorly" and would want to know just for peace of mind. It could be something that could save you money on repairs if yiou catch it early.