Ford Fiesta - Ecboost water reservoir bubbling - Dave 68
I recently purchased a new fiesta (not very latest new model ) with an ecoboost petrol 1.0 100 engine.

After returning from a drive in town today I lifted the bonnet and saw that the water in the coolant reservoir was bubbling and the fan was running. After a minute or so the fan stopped and also the bubbling stopped.

Is this normal in a turbo engine. I have never had one before.
Ford Fiesta - Ecboost water reservoir bubbling - elekie&a/c doctor
It may or may not be a problem.I would suggest you check coolant level with engine cold to make sure the level is correct.
Thanks, I will do and report back.
Water level normal when cold.
Ford Fiesta - Ecboost water reservoir bubbling - elekie&a/c doctor
Not too familiar with the set up on these.Is the coolant pressure cap screwed down tight?
Ford Fiesta - Ecboost water reservoir bubbling - KenC

All these Eco boost engines run hotter than the older 4 cylinder non turbo Ford Engine, I have never seen an eco boost Fiesta WITHOUT the cooling fan running. So keep a close eye on the coolant level and look carefully for any leaks both inside the engine compartment and on the ground after parking ( however expect condensation from the air conditioning which often forms a small puddle).

If you suspect the bubbles in the Coolant tank are not normal you could ask a garage to test the coolant I believe they can detect a chemical in the coolant which might indicate a leak in the cylinder head gasket.

If you bought the car from a car dealer take it back there as soon as practicable, also you could get the opinion of an independant qualified mechanic who is familier with this engine.

Thank you for your reply. I shall follow your advice.