Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - Michael Haddon

Hi Folks,

I have a 2003 Ford Galaxy MkII Automatic Petrol 2.3 engine. I'd like to get something that would allow me to read and reset fault codes, specifically the Gearbox Control Module, but ideally all codes.

I think my two options are a bluetooth OBD device and an app like Torque Pro, or a Diagnostic scanner tool off eBay like www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FAULT-CODE-READER-ENGINE-S...7 . I wonder if anyone has figured out a good solution here. I understand they can be pretty make/model specific, so any information there would be helpful.

Cheers, Michael

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - elekie&a/c doctor

A cheap n cheerful scanner like this will only give engine info. If you want to read other systems on the car, then something like this may do the job.www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Diagnostic-Code-Reader-Scan...J

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - jc2

Look for one designed for EOBD. OBDII and EOBD are similar but not identical.

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - Wackyracer

The Launch CRP123 can read transmission codes I believe.

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - HensTeeth

www.forscan.org is free diagnostic software for the PC and has inexpensive versions available for both Android and Apple devices.

You'll need to spend £20-30 or so on a suitable ELM327 connector, but the site has guidance on those and the reviews on Amazon often give a clue as to which ones work properly.

1st generation Ford Galaxys used VW electronics, so can be diagnosed using VCDS (www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/)

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - elekie&a/c doctor

VCDS/Vagcom is an excellent tool for these,except the 4 cylinder petrol engines are Ford ,so the VW system will not talk to the engine control system.

Ford Galaxy - Ford Galaxy OBD app - S40 Man

Another vote for FORSCSN it's ace and ford specific

You have lots of features eg dpf regen reset service light all-sorts.

It's easy to use also