- glidermania
LOL, Ive an 11 year old car that I didnt notice years ago had a roof paint issue or at least if I did notice, I ddnt care about until this year. Who can I sue? Hmmm, let me think......
Honest John's Motoring Agony Column 12-08-2017 Part 1 - IrishNeil
LOL, Ive an 11 year old car that I didnt notice years ago had a roof paint issue or at least if I did notice, I ddnt care about until this year. Who can I sue? Hmmm, let me think......

in total agreement, while reading that story I felt a little bit of sympathy for the MX5's partner, imagine having to put up with that whinging! - but then decided to smile and carry on with my own mundane ordinary life safe in the knowledge that my 10 year old Cooper is a cracking car with a better patina due to age related wrinkles in the paintwork!

- The Gingerous One
RE: 'Banged Up' the dodgy Punto. I can't understand someone buying a car for £500 and expecting it to be any good.

No test drive or inspection ?? What on earth.....

This price level is one step away from the scrapper, so any car at this price level needs to be treated as such (perhaps the car should be in the scapper but the vendor is keen to get more of your cash)
Also, the batting starts at £300 for such a car with 9+ months MoT in my book, so £500 is already too much.

Move on but next time go with your son to spend at least an hour looking over/around the car and asking for paperwork, receipts etc. and make sure the car hasn't had more owners than you've had hot dinners, walk away if it has.