Ford fiesta - Windscreen wiper - niccolo

Hi Mr John, my back windscreen wiper stopped working a week ago and I am worried it will cost me huge if I take to a garage. Can you advise what the problem is? I am guessing it has to do with the plug but am a novice and dont want cause a bigger damage. Please help

Ford fiesta - Windscreen wiper - RobJP

Nobody can diagnose what the problem is without looking at the vehicle.

Having said that, it might be easy to fix yourself.

First, find the fusebox and the bit in the owners manual which deals with the fuses. Find which fuse is for the rear wiper, and (with everything powered down) remove that fuse and check it. If it's failed, then replace it with a fuse of the same ampage. Hopefully, job done !

If that's not it, then the next most likely problem is with the wiring that goes into the tailgate and supplies power to the motor. That wiring gets moved, stretched, can get trapped, worn out, etc. Here's where you need a decent auto electrician (unless you can do it yourself, and are happy working with wiring). An auto electrician will be able to trace the fault in the wire, get to the wire, and replace the length of wire that is damaged. Yellow pages or a local search - or even recommendations from friends -may well be useful. If you're on facebook, for example, just post "Can anyone recommend me a local auto electrician", and wait for replies !

You do NOT need a Ford main dealer for this sort of work.

Thank you for the response unfortunately i no longer have the owner manual. If I need to find the fuse, where will it be and how will I know the right fuse. Thank you

Ford fiesta - Windscreen wiper - RobJP

In which case, I would suggest a Haynes manual, an online search "Ford fiesta *year* fusebox diagram", for example, or finding a Ford-specific owners forum and asking there for someone to help you with identifying the correct fuse.

Ford fiesta - Windscreen wiper - elekie&a/c doctor
What age is this Fiesta?

Ford is 2003

Ford fiesta - Windscreen wiper - elekie&a/c doctor

If you open the glovebox,there should be a fuse map sticker on the side/back.This will give you an indication and location of the rear wiper fuse.(possibly #47 or 48)