VAG - VAG 2.0TDI 150hp E6 - 3uga

How good are these engines and if they have a common problem?
How good are the dsg gearboxes that come with them?

VAG - VAG 2.0TDI 150hp E6 - Stanb Sevento

Too new to say, only been around for two years. Big up date on 140ps engine for EURO6, manifold in head design and completely different emissions hardware.using SCR and AdBlue My guess is its it will be a lot better.

Edited by Stanb Sevento on 28/07/2017 at 11:07

Ok, then please tell me something about the e5 engines with 140ps.
Looking to buy a car and need some help.

VAG - VAG 2.0TDI 150hp E6 - SLO76
How much money do you intend on spending and what sort of usage will it see, lots of short local runs or will it be mostly distance driving?

About 10-12k And mostly local runs of at least 14km in one start

VAG - VAG 2.0TDI 150hp E6 - RT

Too new to say, only been around for two years. Big up date on 140ps engine for EURO6, manifold in head design and completely different emissions hardware.using SCR and AdBlue My guess is its it will be a lot better.

Skoda's version of the Euro 6 2.0TDI 150 doesn't use Adblue/SCR, it still uses LNT - my son's recently purchased 2016 Octavia Estate doesn't anyway.

Skoda's version of the Euro 6 2.0TDI 150 doesn't use Adblue/SCR, it still uses LNT - my son's recently purchased 2016 Octavia Estate doesn't anyway.

Thats interesting. The Euro 6 version of the Sharan uses a SCR, Im wondering if its the same as the later Euro 5 where SRCs were only used in the bigger heavier cars. Some of the early Euro 6 cars have been getting software updates but I've not heared any complaints about them.

VAG - VAG 2.0TDI 150hp E6 - skidpan

The Euro 6 version of the 150 PS in the Superb does not use ad blue if the car is a manual hatch. But I am sure I have read on the forum that some DSG's, 4 X 4's and estates use ad blue.

The 190 PS model uses ad blue in all types.

Just had a look at this. There is Euro 6 and Euro 6 heavy duty, the difference is based on the vehicle inertia and frontal area, the later uses SRC the former does not.

It makes sense as the LNT looses it effectiveness at high loads and thats where the SRC is at its most effective.

VAG - VAG 2.0TDI 150hp E6 - RT

Euro 6 Heavy Duty relates to trucks - all passenger cars up to 3500kg MAW have the same "g/km" limits - but of course bigger, heavier cars, burn more fuel making it harder to meet those limits.

Worth a watch, Audi training vidio. Near the end they mention this. Talk about a complicated engines!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0BOe_rMXE

Skid says all the 190ps use SCR. This makes me think that its calculated on inertia forces rather than inertia, the more powerfull engine can generate greater loads than less powerfull.