Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - willm

6th service isn't cheap (without any unforseen extras), and I will have to fork out £120 to replace a cracked tail light for mot, unless I can epoxy it successfully, so was wondering what the debit % would be for selling/trading in with only a few months left on mot/service period versus waiting and selling after everything had been done?

Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - RT

The service will make no difference - so don't do it unless it'll be overdue when you sell it - short MoTs do affect the value, might be worth getting it done early.

Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - SLO76
I'm assuming it's 6yrs old? What mileage has it covered?
Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - nellyjak

6th service isn't cheap (without any unforseen extras), and I will have to fork out £120 to replace a cracked tail light for mot, unless I can epoxy it successfully, so was wondering what the debit % would be for selling/trading in with only a few months left on mot/service period versus waiting and selling after everything had been done?

If you were BUYING the car...what would YOU think.?

Getting things done might not increase the value by all that much...but it should make a sale more likely at the price you want.

Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - 72 dudes

If you were BUYING the car...what would YOU think.?

Getting things done might not increase the value by all that much...but it should make a sale more likely at the price you want.

Not much difference if you trade it in. Most dealers/traders simply go by the book value.

If you sell it privately, it should make selling it easier, but I wouldn't want to take a guess at an actual value as there's little information about age/mileage/condition.

Thank you for your responses.

It is a 61 plate 2.2 diesel, AWD, automatic, 7-seater, 5 door, metallic paint,

Mileage is 50k,

I'm the owner from new.

Condition: Good on performance and mechanically, Fair looks

Michelin tyres with 9k on them, no heavy acceleration or braking, no towing Battery still good, It's not been in a cold salty, gritty, winter between December and April

Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - SLO76
It's still a good retailable car so a dealer shouldn't mark you down for the short Mot and while they will ask if it has a full history they won't expect you to have serviced it before trading in so again as a trade in you will only be knocked back a bit for the trade cost of replacing the broken tail light. Not worth you doing anything.

As a private sale however it will be hurt badly without a full years Mot and it's worth doing if you intend on selling this way.
Kia Sorento - What % does a full mot & service add to value - movilogo

Isn't the car stil under warranty?

Yes it is, I forgot all about that.

7 years for a Kia..

I'm not decided whether to trade in or sell privately. I do appreciate all the info, I'm out of practice. Its been nice not having to think about this stuff for a few years..