Hyundai ix35 2010 - Hyundai ix35 2010 sat nav system issues - Jonathan Allport

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help as I'm loosing my mind with this issue now lol

I have a 2010 hyundai ix35. Recently had issues with the sat nav system. The reverse cameras stopped working and then every 10 minutes a warning pops up on screen stating "system will, shut down if engine is not turned on this happens even when driving and then the sat nav system shuts down, nothing else is affected and we can still drive etc so seems a problem with the connections. We have taken to hyundai and they checked the system stating nothing wrong with the wiring so suggested a new head unit at the cost of £4000! I bought a new unit from a car breakers and fitted it for £300!, now the reverse cameras work but we still get the battery warning and the system shuts down..... we are now at a lose as what is wrong as the new head unit hasn't worked! Any ideas or help please.....

Hyundai ix35 2010 - Hyundai ix35 2010 sat nav system issues - elekie&a/c doctor
I wonder if this a battery issue.you may not have any starting problems,but on modern cars with complex electronics if the battery voltage drops below around 9 volts under cranking,it is possible for some systems to shut down and get confused.Recently looked at a friends Hyundai where the radio had stopped working.Dealer said it needs a new one .After a few basic checks, I disconnected the battery for 5 mins and the radio restarted.Tested the battery and found to be defective.
Hyundai ix35 2010 - Hyundai ix35 2010 sat nav system issues - Railroad.

Have you checked the charging system to make sure it's working correctly? Also have you recently changed the battery, and if so does your car require a Battery Energy Management (BEM) code that's maybe not been entered or entered incorrectly?

Hyundai ix35 2010 - Hyundai ix35 2010 sat nav system issues - Cyd

If the unit is telling you there is a battery problem, why ignore it? test your battery - it's probably doing exactly waht it is supposed to!

https://youtu.be/AT_XmlwMVz4?list=PLOaePmzqZNJ24dTPG6x570Pze_D4Cxy6F