Seat alhambra tdi 2007 - Removing front electric window regulater - akbar

The front drivers side window went down will not come up any more .when I press the switch u can hear a sound from the motor clicking sound .all the other windows are working from the switch .I belive the reg has gone.

Am having difficulty taking it out as the window has gone down will not be pushed up.

How do I take reg out .as I can not get the window screen holding brackets to unscrew

Any help would be appreciated .

Seat alhambra tdi 2007 - Removing front electric window regulater - Railroad.

The window regulator cable is most likely chewed up. This is very common. Grab hold of the glass and pull it up. Use a wedge to hold the glass up. Remove the door trim and membrane. The regulator will be pop riveted to the door. Drill out the pop rivets to remove the regulator. Replace with a new one.

Seat alhambra tdi 2007 - Removing front electric window regulater - elekie&a/c doctor

I would do some other checks before you condemn the motor. Pull back the rubber boot that connects the door pillar to the door and check for any broken/fractured wires.Also check the wiring to the large multiconnector on the motor..Have you tried operating the motor from the key in the door and using the global close system? The only way to undo the drop glass attachment screws,is to cut the steel wires on the regulator and move the glass by hand.This will wreck the regulator mechanism.

Seat alhambra tdi 2007 - Removing front electric window regulater - akbar

Have tried closing windows by using the key method all the other windows open and close by this method. The motor reg makes a sound so assume electric is going to it . Makes a squeaking sound like a jammed motor trying to work .but does not .