Corsa D 2008 - Corsa D - chugging - idle OR constant speed?! - luke5

Hi guys - had a browse around but can't find anything so I'm in need of some help with this one please... 08 plate, 51k miles, petrol.

First problem was: When driving at a constant speed of anywhere between 50-70mph on motorway (with obviously a small amount of throttle) I would get this lagging/chugging feeling, like it was struggling, until I give it more gas

Second problem: The car will feel like it's about to stall doing 20mph in 3rd, or going up a slight hill in 2nd

Third problem: When idle the car chugs, until I give it some gas

Also, my fan only blows out at max setting (4), but I assume this is resistor/fuse related and nothing to do with the main problems here?

Recent work includes (and I have full service history from 1 year ago +)
- Oil filter
- Air filter
- Oil pressure switch
- Stabiliser link bar

Cheers in advance!

Corsa D 2008 - Corsa D - chugging - idle OR constant speed?! - elekie&a/c doctor

More info would be useful. Engine size?? The heater fan problem will be the speed resistor and/or burnt wiring plug attached to it.

More info would be useful. Engine size?? The heater fan problem will be the speed resistor and/or burnt wiring plug attached to it.

The engine size is 1.4... Anything else you need to now?

Corsa D 2008 - Corsa D - chugging - idle OR constant speed?! - elekie&a/c doctor

If it is chugging,then I would suspect that it is not running efficiently on all 4 cylinders.May be a spark plug or coil cassette issue.

Might be worth saying, it was perfectly fine this morning. 10 minutes later, the chugging at neutral starts - even a slight shake if I remained still for 40 secs ish

FYI - This car has been serviced almost every year...

Perhaps let the servicing garage take a look/listen to make an assessment.
Perhaps let the servicing garage take a look/listen to make an assessment.

Thanks for the response ... We tried a new coil pack, and it seemed to pull better, but it still happened - at one point I was in 2nd, flat out on the throttle, and NOTHING! (But it didn't go in to limp board apparently)

The diagnostics wouldn't even pick anything up - We even unplugged some cable next to the engine (it began with L, maybe) and it didn't even pick that up... so hardly reliable here.

Garage thinks it could be throttle position related, or maybe the EGR valve.. Really stuck here!

Strange...

Corsa D 2008 - Corsa D - chugging - idle OR constant speed?! - Railroad.

A stuck open or partially stuck open EGR valve would not be unlikely. Try removing it and giving it a clean. Then put it back and see if it improves.