vauxhall astra h - vauxhall astra diesel - frogmarch

Hi on my 2008 astra 1.9 cdti 120 it seems to be using more diesel than when I first got it last year the on board computer say 37.9 but it is short town driving , iv changed thermostat as it was only reading 74 degrees after a run so I changed it now saying around 85-86 after a run ,but still seem to be using abit more diesel, also still got juddering from engine at 1500 revs when accelerating in fifth and with gear any help would be appreciated thanks

vauxhall astra h - vauxhall astra diesel - hardway

Have you had it scanned?

vauxhall astra h - vauxhall astra diesel - skidpan

lts still got juddering from engine at 1500 revs when accelerating in fifth

That is because you are in the wrong gear, any car would do it. Its possibly OK at a constant speed and throttle but simply not comfortable with having to work from those revs.Change down to 4th or even 3rd and feel the improvement.

vauxhall astra h - vauxhall astra diesel - RT

Vauxhall turbo-diesels pull well from 1,200 rpm when working properly - the acceleration isn't stellar but it shouldn't judder.

Hi iv got a diagnostic scanner and there is no codes only for glowplug device , it seems to be fuming as can smell gases in car and on Rickover when you pull up and put clutch down it will Rickover at about 850 but then drop down abit and feel like a vibration ,,, also on the intercooler pipe that goes from cooler to left of engine as you look at from front of car ( goes to near cambelt ) iv noticed it been rubbed a bit but not through , would oil and filter changed make difference thanks

vauxhall astra h - vauxhall astra diesel - RobJP

I'd seriously wonder if the clutch / DMF is on the way out.

'fumes/smell' in cabin. Worse fuel economy. Juddering / vibration.

Another potential alternative - which could well be very similar symptoms - would be a stuck brake caliper.

Hi thanks checked brakes and all seem fine , I'm thinking clutch as when I change gear I will accelerate then when I put foot on clutch there is a noise , so could be clutch but it was doing this when I bought it and never got any worse and was good on diesel , would changing oil and filters be worth a try

Hi with reference to my problem with my astra also seem to be able to smell fumes in the car apart from exhaust leak what else would cause this , would service help as well thanks

Hi I was told that my astra juddering was the turbo actuator sticking but got all bolts out and couldn't get heat shield off to get to actuator ,does anyone know easy way to get shield out thanks

Hi on my astra iv also noticed that iv got fumes in car iv checked exhaust and egr pipes butvall seem OK I was looking at engine and see some smoke at front of engine but I tried to get heat shield off but couldn't get shield off does front off car have to come off to get to turbo and actuator thanks