Hyundai Getz 1.1 year 2007 - Hyundai getz radiator fan not working - Matt@

Hi everyone, I have a hyundai getz 1.1 2007 with radiator fan not cutting in, the fan doesnt work on air con setting either.

I've done a few things to try and diagnose but am now a bit stuck so hoping someone can help!

With ignition on I've swapped the two 30A fuse links between fan and blower and its not that. I've bridged RAD1 and RAD 2 relays and the fan runs. I've disconnected the coolant temp switch and the fan runs.

Are there enough clues above for someone to offer some advise on how to proceed further as I desperately need this car on the road for my wife. The coolant switch has 4 wires. the car doesnt have a temp gauge only a blue bulb sign on the dash that goes out when engine is warmed up. This light should light red if engine gets too hot but it doesnt. Scanner is telling me the ECT is 210degF so presume fan should kick in long before that.

Finally, does the coolant switch have any control over the air con fan function? theres a single fan that does the AC and the rad cooling,.

thanks in advance!

Hyundai Getz 1.1 year 2007 - Hyundai getz radiator fan not working - elekie&a/c doctor
From your testing so far,I would say there is nothing wrong with the fan circuit.modern cars tend to run very hot so I would not expect the fan to cut in until engine temp is above 100 centigrade.Does the air con work?if it doesn't,then the fan will not start up.

re. the air con, no it doesnt work now. It did allbeit not ice cold and I'm wondering if it has a separate fault unrelated to the fan.

When you say "Does the air con work?if it doesn't,then the fan will not start up" are you saying the cooling fan function for the engine wont kick in if the AC isnt working?

Interesting to read of fan kicking in at 100C - I've recorded it up to 96 so will try and get it higher to see what happens

Hyundai Getz 1.1 year 2007 - Hyundai getz radiator fan not working - elekie&a/c doctor

The cooling fan operates under 2 conditions;Engine coolant temp high and/or high pressure of the aircon system gas.If the a/c is not working correctly,then it is unlikely that adequate pressure in the system is being produced to activate the fan on the a/c cycle.

Hi thanks for your help. Strangely the cooling fan is working again - it kicks in at 210F, I dont know why it hadnt worked before at that temp!. But the fan still doesnt kick in on AC setting although when you press the AC switch in the car, the engine note now changes and that didnt happen before either. I'll take it for a re gas and go from there....

Hyundai Getz 1.1 year 2007 - Hyundai getz radiator fan not working - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

The interior fan has to be on as well for the AC to work. Something that SWMBO does not appreciate.