VW diesel fix - worse economy after fix - Fishermans Bend

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/autocar-test-s...x

VW diesel fix - worse economy after fix - Stanb Sevento

Dont get me started obout this Im so *** ****** ***** **** with Wolkswagen. ( dont try to guess what the *** are they are just random)

As far as I understand it fuel consumption is very close to original during the test cycle but because the fix makes the car produce 3 times the soot it regenerates more often and uses fuel to do it and this fuel is not taken into the calculation. They will not be touching my car.

VW diesel fix - worse economy after fix - Theophilus

The report states that "NOx emissions were almost halved from 0.639g/km pre-fix to 0.351g/km post-fix"

... surely this is why your vehicle should be adjusted, for the quality of life of all of us with respiratory problems, children & grandchildren.

VW diesel fix - worse economy after fix - SLO76
I've noticed a marginal difference in economy on our Polo 1.2 TDi but it's really minute. It's the increased low speed turbo lag that bugs me. It's a safety issue, one that can catch you out on busy junctions. I've contacted VW customer services who directed me to the dealer who to be fair can't do anything about it. They can't reset the origional software and can only go through the motions of checking for sticking calippers etc and other diversionary tactics.

Ultimately the car isn't as good as it was when I bought it by a noticeable margin. Would I sell it, do I now dislike it? No. It's comfortable, still does over 60mpg on a run, has enough pull once up and rolling and has a bit of character with that unusual diesel 3cyl thrum.

I've read of cases of EGR and DPF issues post fix but despite noticing the increased frequency of regens (which must have a price somewhere down the line) I've not had any reliability issues nor has the two other affected cars work colleagues own or any taxi owners I know with them. Early days yet though but I've still more faith in this wee car than a PSA engined Fiesta or Fiat engined Corsa or Swift.

Its replacement will be petrol though but only when I feel trouble is looming.
VW diesel fix - worse economy after fix - Ethan Edwards

Ok the actual reality figures say it uses more fuel after the fix.

The some eco botherer berates a poster on here about how your evil un modified car produces more harmful yada yada puppies baybees the planet etc etc.

But if your car covers the same distance using more fuel then by simple physics it has to be producing more emissions per mile than before the fix.

It's just logical

Better for the planet etc Not to have the fix. Surely.

Oh sorry eco botherers don't do science.

As you were.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 18/05/2017 at 21:43

VW diesel fix - worse economy after fix - Stanb Sevento

The report states that "NOx emissions were almost halved from 0.639g/km pre-fix to 0.351g/km post-fix"

... surely this is why your vehicle should be adjusted, for the quality of life of all of us with respiratory problems, children & grandchildren.

Yes that is what the report says, but the report is reporting on the car repeating the 'Test cycle" that they cheated in the first place and bears no relationship to real world driving. There are several independant tests that found that real world NOx on several madels has increased as a result of this fix.