Low Price car cleaning stuff - 72 dudes

In the same vane as craig pd's thread about oil......

Wilkinsons are currently running a promotion on Triplewax products, dual sited on aisle end and on usual car bits fixture.

Triplewax Car Shampoo 1L £1.00 (often £5.99 in petrol stations)

Fast Car Wax £2.00

Waterless Wash n Wax £2.00

Also other bits like glass cleaner and tyre shine I think also for the princely sum of £2.00.

(No connection to Wilkinsons)

Low Price car cleaning stuff - JEREMYH

You get what you pay for I prefer autoglym products and woul not consider cheaper options even though the price is considearably less

For polish I like wonder wheels resin polish best

Low Price car cleaning stuff - FoxyJukebox

Economic car cleaning tips!

1)-Yes-I bought a large plastic bottle of Autxxlym ( on line from Amxxon)) which has lasted 2 summers so far!--very economical.

2) When really dirty-I am afraid I do use a mild squirt of washing up liquid to ease the dirt off with a sponge/hose/bucket. Tell me anyone who doesn't? Much cheaper than bottles of that car wash bubbles stuff.A quick wax afterwards gives a lovely shine.

3) I also occasionally buy a whole £1 packet of wax crayons from a £Pound Shop just for the BLACK one. Good for little scratches. Colour in and polish off!

3) Having a grey/black car-I also use a dark shoepolish for little mini scratches. Much cheaper than one of those much marketed Coloured Car Waxes.

4) If I'm feeling really lazy and go to get get my car washed and waxed in a handwash place-I ask the guys if when they wax they use my bottle of Autoxxym--since I reckon it's far better than the watered down pink liquid they use. They've never charged me extra.

5) For a clean dash- use a well known brand of surface cleaner costing £1 from a pound shop. Cheaper than any stupidly expensive Dash Shine. Top tip--let it dry before polishing off.

Low Price car cleaning stuff - John F

Rainwater - from butt. (unmetered, so absolutely free, apart from capital cost of house and butt)

Use watering can fitted with rose. Soft brush and /or sponge. Always during or just after rain, never when bone dry. Ignore waistline upwards if reasonably clean. Never wipe or rub dry; rainwater doesn't smear. Polish very rarely. Otherwise, ten years of microabrasion will inevitably erode the paint finish.

Ignore advice from those with vested interest in selling carclean products.

Low Price car cleaning stuff - John F

2) When really dirty-I am afraid I do use a mild squirt of washing up liquid to ease the dirt off with a sponge/hose/bucket. Tell me anyone who doesn't?

Me. Not necessary.

A quick wax afterwards gives a lovely shine.

That'll be the 'dirt' you'll be 'easing off' then......

Low Price car cleaning stuff - Andrew-T

2) When really dirty-I am afraid I do use a mild squirt of washing up liquid to ease the dirt off with a sponge/hose/bucket. Tell me anyone who doesn't?

I don't. The car lives outdoors, so I wait till it rains, then use a bucket of plain water and a time-expired soggy towel. The awkward bits are the algae accumulations below all the glass - need a scrubbing brush there ....

Low Price car cleaning stuff - Wiltom

B&M had a lot of car cleaning products on sale as well.

I have been buying this stuff from Amazon goo.gl/ETYI4Q

and from here

goo.gl/4tPQD0

I agree that buying good products is imporant and find these are good without ripping you off.

These chamois leathers are great value as well

goo.gl/uBrhUZ

Low Price car cleaning stuff - focussed

You can't beat this stuff for getting a car clean with a pressure washer, I've used it for years. the undiluted stuff straight from the can in a hand sprayer gets brake dust and grime off wheels and tyres and after rinsing it leaves the car shiny.

The more you can keep off the body finish with brushes and gritty sponges the less scratches you'll get in on the paint.

When I was an instructor I had two cars to wash at least once a week, couldn't put them through the car wash because of the extra mirrors and magnetic signage so I used to use this stuff.

And it's well cheap too!

www.discountedcleaningsupplies.co.uk/auto-cleen-ca...0

(not an advert - just a satisfied customer)

Low Price car cleaning stuff - gordonbennet

That's very good value Focussed.

I use the Trojan TFR with wax through my pressure washer, it too does the business with only mild agitation from a long bristled soft brush, but around twice the price of the one you use for a 25 litre drum, don't wax the cars by hand at all maybe i should.

www.chemiclean.co.uk/traffic.htm

again i have no affiliation other than as a very satisfied customer, their 5 litre bottle of blue window cleaner is the best i've ever used.

Edited by gordonbennet on 21/05/2017 at 10:07

Low Price car cleaning stuff - Wackyracer

I still have half of the gallon of car wash I bought in 2003 but, bought some of the Bilt Hamber super concentrated car wash a while back.

I like the BH Autobalm, it's soo easy to put on and buff. It beads water for months and it's not abrasive.