What car is in the new lynx advert? - badbusdriver

Saw this advert last night and was intrigued as to what kind of car it is. You dont see very much of it, just the window line and some of the interior. I paused the TV it and had as good a look as i could. Then, being a bit of a nerd, started thinking back through 'my memery archives'!.The car is a coupe and looks to be mid 60's to mid 70's, pillarless, and has quarterlights. Oh, and doesnt look big enough to be a yank.

1st thought was opel manta A, but i couldnt find any pics of one with quarterlights, plus, the rear window looks much deeper than the car in the advert. Next thought was a fiat 850 coupe, which has quarterlights and a shallower rear window, but doesnt appear to be pillarless!. Current theory is an opel commodore 'A' coupe, which is pillarless, and has the quarterlights!.

Anybody got any other suggestions?............

Or does everybody else have better things to do?!

What car is in the new lynx advert? - Fishermans Bend

c. 1970 Opel Rekord coupe.

What car is in the new lynx advert? - badbusdriver

In pictures the Rekord looks pretty much identical to the Commodore pictures i looked at earlier. I think they must share the same body?, maybe the Commodore was a posh version or vice versa?.

Anyway, thanks for that!

What car is in the new lynx advert? - RT

In pictures the Rekord looks pretty much identical to the Commodore pictures i looked at earlier. I think they must share the same body?, maybe the Commodore was a posh version or vice versa?.

Anyway, thanks for that!

The Commodore was the 6-cylinder version of the 4-cylinder Rekord - a few inches longer between the front wheels and A-post front door pillar to give room for the extra 2 cylinders.

What car is in the new lynx advert? - Fishermans Bend

I didn't have time to look at Commodore when I looked at Rekord. Anyway, you now have confirmation. Interesting to see car at end of ad is a Fiat 127, of course a much smaller car.