Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Mr Carrot Cake

Does anyone else think this car looks brilliant? Nicely styled, good price, and Swifts tend to hold their value well. Nice choice of petrol engines as well.

Edited by Mr Carrot Cake on 14/04/2017 at 17:49

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - mss1tw

I like the look of it, reminds me of the Clio a bit (I always liked the styling of the 'pointy' headlight version - very smart motors)

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Doc

It is shorter than the old model and 10% lighter. A welcome break from the trend in ever larger models.

The 1.0-litre three-cylinder, direct-injection Boosterjet turbo produces 110bhp, which should give it decent performance.

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - SLO76
I'm not a fan of the looks but I've no doubt that it'll be a brilliant little car.
Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Fishermans Bend

Not as cute as the previous ones, following the trend of making Japanese cars uglier.

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - daveyK_UK

The current Swift model (not the new one coming out soon) interior wise was cramped with poor rear leg room.

Hopefully the new one will be better

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Mr Carrot Cake

The current Swift model (not the new one coming out soon) interior wise was cramped with poor rear leg room.

Hopefully the new one will be better

Well it's a small car you cant expect too much. I'm sure I read the wheelbase is increasing though.

The celerio which is smaller than the the current Swift, has better rear leg room!

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Avant

If you need more leg room Suzuki will direct you towards the Baleno. The Swift is I think intended to be more of a 'fun car' for people with only an occasional need to have people in the back.

I read somewhere recently that the Baleno is fairly ordinary to drive but has more room for people than most superminis.

The baleno is great inside

i would argue the baleno is a nice drive with the 1.0 turbo engine, havent tried the 1.2 engine

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Doc

The Swift is I think intended to be more of a 'fun car' for people with only an occasional need to have people in the back.

True; it is fun to drive. I have one and there is plenty of room in the front and, like many people, the rear seats are not used very often. That means that the small boot is not a problem.

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Fishermans Bend

SLO76 rates the Swift. A friend's daughter has had two and loves them.

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - John Boy

To my eyes, the new Swift looks really good. A torque convertor gearbox with 6 speeds is a definite plus. Not being able to get a level floor with the rear seats down is a negative. I like to be able to carry things in a car as well as people.

Edited by John Boy on 15/04/2017 at 16:29

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - badbusdriver

Cant say im overly keen on the looks of the new swift, but i will wait till i have seen one in the flesh. i have to say though, the c-pillar treatment looks suspiciously similar to the new micra!

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Nickdm

Suzuki seem to be on a roll IMHO. New Swift looks good. The Vitara with the 1.4 petrol turbo engine seems to get a lot of praise. The new Ignis looks sharp, maybe capturing the funkiness that the wee Panda had about 12 years ago?

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Avant

They must have a strong market at home and probably in the rest of Asia for them to offer so many cars of similar sizes. There are the Celerio, Swift and Baleno - then, next size up, the Ignis, Vitara and S-Cross. There are slight size differences within each group, but they're not that far apart.

The ignis is not in the 'next size up' from the celerio, only marginally bigger it sits within the same 'city car' class. The swift, size wise, sits at the smaller end of the supermini class, whereas the baleno is at the larger end. As for the vitara and S-cross, apart from the bigger boot in the S-cross, they are about the same size.

This seems a bit odd at first glance, but is it?, or is suzuki being a bit clever?.

If you think about it, suzuki are providing cars for older drivers with more conservative taste, and also to younger more fashion concious types:

Conservative Trendy

Celerio Ignis

Baleno Swift

S-cross Vitara

If they can manage this and make a profit, good on them!

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - Ethan Edwards

We bought an Ignis. So I'm trendy?

.Thanks very much. I thought I was so square I was a cube! 55yrs and I've become trendy.

Any way the cars fab. Replaced an Aygo. Better in every way for us.

I think the ignis looks brilliant, so frankly, i'm jealous!.

Nothing really wrong with the celerio, it is a very spacious, practical and cheap car. But, it just looks so dowdy and bland, willfully so!. Compared to that, the ignis is so much more appealing to look at, and yes, in my opinion, trendy!

Suzuki Swift - the 2017 Suzuki Swift - SLO76

SLO76 rates the Swift. A friend's daughter has had two and loves them.

I do, they're brilliant little cars. Well made, a hoot to drive and they rarely go wrong as long as you avoid the Fiat diesel. I'll wager the latest model will be great fun especially with the 1.0 turbo under the bonnet. Looking forward to a shot of the new Sport 1.4 Boosterjet when I can blag one. The Swift Sport's always been a favourite of mine. Cheap B road fun.

i had a chat to a bloke today who has a 16 plate Suzuki Baleno.

He raves about it, went from an Audi A3 to a Baleno and said he would never go back.

Rear leg room for his large family and good fuel economy were his main 2 items of praise.

His complaint was paying £160 for a spacesaver from the dealer, but thats more his fault than Suzuki's.