Subaru Forester 2001 - Filler Neck Part Number - is US spec the same? - Northern Jeff

I've been quote £182 for a genuine Subaru filler neck for my 2001 Forester (2.0 non turbo auto). The part number for a US spec item is 42066FA140 and there are loads of sellers offering these via ebay. Does anyone know if US spec and UK spec filler necks are different or have different part numbers? They look the same to me and my local dealer doesn't have a clue and isn't worth asking.

Subaru Forester 2001 - Filler Neck Part Number - is US spec the same? - RT

Is it the same part number - if it's not then they're different!

Subaru Forester 2001 - Filler Neck Part Number - is US spec the same? - Northern Jeff
I don't know if it is the same part number hence the question.
Subaru Forester 2001 - Filler Neck Part Number - is US spec the same? - RT
I don't know if it is the same part number hence the question.

Since you appear to know the US part number - get the UK part number from a UK dealer and compare!

Subaru Forester 2001 - Filler Neck Part Number - is US spec the same? - Andrew Irvine

Look on PartSouq.com I have a Legacy and find them good for parts, or just to look up part numbers.

Subaru Forester 2001 - Filler Neck Part Number - is US spec the same? - Avant

Assuming you mean the fuel filler, it might help if you can find out whether an LHD Forester has the filler on the same side as an RHD. If so, they're likely to be the same, although diesel will probably be different from petrol.