Hyundai Coupe - Will these alloys fit my Hyundai Coupe? - Joost Lobe

Hi all,

So I am looking to replace my alloys for my Hyundai Coupe 2.0 (2003) because they seem to have started leaking due to corrosion.

I found my cars specifications here:

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/hyundai/coupe/2003/

205/55R16 91V 6.5Jx16 ET46 5x114.3

and was wondering if these would fit:

https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/team-dynamics/cyclone/black/16-inch

Do I need to fiddle with spacers or whatever? Would I run into any trouble or is replacing alloys simply a matter of taking one set off, put another set on and you're good to go?

If they do fit, would that mean that any of these probably will too?

www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/hyundai/-coup...h

I will probably order them with brand new tyres already fitted. If not I will have a garage change my old tyres around.

thank you all!

Hyundai Coupe - Will these alloys fit my Hyundai Coupe? - Railroad.

If your wheels are otherwise ok why don't you go to a tyre supplier, have the tyres removed and the rims brushed and sealed? That should solve your problem. Alternatively there are plenty of people who offer alloy wheel refurbishment services. If you want new wheels then that of course is another matter.

Hyundai Coupe - Will these alloys fit my Hyundai Coupe? - Joost Lobe

I got quotes from two different places that refurbish wheels and the cheapest came back with £336 which seemed like an awful lot, so I thought I could simply get new alloys for around that same price and pay £50 to have them fitted.

Would tyre suppliers generally clean up wheels at a cheaper rate?

Hyundai Coupe - Will these alloys fit my Hyundai Coupe? - focussed

If your wheels are leaking because of corrosion around the area on the rim where the tyre bead seals the simplest solution would be to clean up the rims where the corrosion is and get the tyre shop to use tyre bead sealant when fitting the tyre- a lot of tyre workshops seem to use it as a matter of course to avoid comebacks due to slow bead leaks. If the rims have gone porous and are leaking in other areas it's either have the rims refurbished or as you are looking at replace them.