EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - Stanislav

Hello! Hope you are having a marvellous day!

I am currently finishing my undergraduate studies, and I am doing my Final Year Project (dissertation) on the Electric Vehicle industry. The topic focuses on BEVs and their barriers to mass adoption.

The survey takes 10-15 minutes to complete. If you have some spare time, I would be very grateful for the help!

Here's the survey link.

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - RaineMan

I doubt this will be an original work as there are plenty of dissertations on this subject out there on the interweb. And 99.99% of forum members know better than to click unknown links!

Edited by RaineMan on 20/03/2017 at 09:29

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - RobJP

I doubt this will be an original work as there are plenty of dissertations on this subject out there on the interweb. And 99.99% of forum members know better than to click unknown links!

It's a google documents link (they have no executable code), and thus about as harmless as possible.

I filled it in last night - it contains far fewer 'leading' questions than some of ther 'pro-EV' ones I've seen, and genuinely seems to be asking what the reasons are for non-adoption of the technology.

Thank you for the participation!

I apologise for "leading" questions. But I am happy to hear that there were very few of them. It was my intention to be as unbiased as possible :)

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - Manatee

Link is fine, I have done the survey which seems well designed.

Good luck with your dissertation Stan.

Thank you!

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - FP

I've filled it in as well. Though some of the rubric is clumsily worded, the thinking behind the questions seems good.

It would be interesting to know what becomes of the results and whether they are of general interest outside their academic context.

Best wishes to Stan (if English is his main language) or Stas (if it's Russian).

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - catsdad
I've completed it too. Looks pretty well thought out and it's quick to complete. I bail out of most surveys (Waitrose asking me to rate carrots for example) but I made it to the end on this one. No sneaky personal info question stuck in the end either.

Good luck.

Thank you very much!

It's the Russian version :)

Sorry about the wording. I still have some issues with the English language.

Thank you!

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - RobJP

Don't feel any need to apologise for your English - I'm sure it's a lot better than any Russian language any of us could come up with !

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - Avant

I've filled it in too. Stanislav - as moderator on the site may I ask you to return our favour by sharing some of your conclusions with us in due course?

Dissertations don't always have to be original, but you could score points if you can give some original thought to how to get over the problem of how to charge your EV if you live in a city/town and have to park on the street.

Edited by Avant on 20/03/2017 at 23:24

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - madf

Completed.

Simple, fast and not too loaded.

(Kust how an EV should be)

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - RT

Two fundamental reasons why I'm unlikely to buy a EV - purchase price compared to conventional car of the same size - and range, currently I can do a theoretical 960 miles, about 750 in practice at motorway speeds and refuel in 5 minutes.

It'll come - but unlikely before EVs are obsoleted by some yet-to-be invented technology.

Thank you for your insight! The range is indeed a big problem. However, with respect to charging, battery swap could potentially resolve waiting issues. Unfortunately, for example, Tesla called off its battery swap programme. I think people just don't trust a part of their car being replaced every time they recharge.

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - RT

Thank you for your insight! The range is indeed a big problem. However, with respect to charging, battery swap could potentially resolve waiting issues. Unfortunately, for example, Tesla called off its battery swap programme. I think people just don't trust a part of their car being replaced every time they recharge.

Battery swaps only work in high population areas - those of us who enjoy days out to rural/remote parts of the country still need the range - a nice day out for me is 400 miles with repeated stops in areas that aren't even on the National Grid.

The advent of card-operated unmanned petrol/diesel pumps has meant a restoration of refueling facilities in the far North-West Highlands - EVs can't match that.

Thank you!

Once I finish, I will come back here and share my survey results and conclusions.

Thank you for the participation and the advice! I will definitely look into this area :)

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - scot22

Just completed survey - one of the most sensible ones I've read. Thanks to others for coming its safe.

Also OP polite and reponsive : encourages people to contribute.

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - kiss (keep it simple)

I have just completed your survey. All the best with your studies.

EV dissertation survey. Need your opinion! - ExA35Owner

Completed.

As with all these surveys, I wonder how you are going to make the sampling representative so that you can draw valid conclusions?