Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - oldroverboy.

When I look on the Kia forum, to which I am a "member" and the chevrolet forum, which i was a member of, but am still registered, it shows how many posts are made by each "member"

Can we not do something similiar? must be a relatively easy tweak!

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Fishermans Bend

Who cares?

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Andrew-T

I think there would be a fairly small number in the top division .. :-)

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Avant

Sorry, ORB, but I'm struggling to see what use that information would be to anyone. This is a relaxed, open forum where people can post as often, or as little, as they like/. Personally I'd prefer to keep it that way, but does anyone else have a view on this?

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Wackyracer

The HJ forum is a bit strange compared to other forums. I don't know what software it uses but, most other forum software allows a wider range of options and gives the information like ORB is talking about.

I guess you could say GB's recent thread about ignore lists is also linked to this.

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - SLO76
I agree Avant, I don't see the point.

It's quality not quantity that counts anyway.
Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - alan1302

Can we not do something similiar? must be a relatively easy tweak!

If we could do it then why take the effort?

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - John Boy

I'm not in favour of it - it would be a bit too much like scoring points for my liking. The next thing would be "friends" lists. In any case, we all know that ORB is the most prolific poster - he can always be relied upon to post a new topic when things get quiet and I appreciate that.

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Bromptonaut

Most other forums I visit (cyclechat, C4P and PPRUNe) all either show by default members' total posts or display it via one click. It's information one can use or ignore; why not make it available?

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - catsdad
I am not in favour.

Let me explain. For some years I was registered on this site but didn't contribute as I only had access via a work place that strictly monitored computer use. Once retired I made a contribution and within an hour someone replied having looked up my site history and made a sarcastic comment about how long I'd been registered and not contributed. No doubt it was made in jest but it made me uncomfortable that someone would go to the trouble of researching me on the back of one innocent post. So for me the less info available the better.

Contribution data could deter some very regular, valuable contributors who would not want to be seen in a league and the intention this potentially invites. Would advertising trolls also see it as a challenge?

This site is exceptionally polite and constructive let's not jeopardise it with unintended consequences from what, on the face of it, looks like a reasonable idea.
Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - oldroverboy.

I see the various points, apologies, was just a thought..

Have a nice day..

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Fishermans Bend

No need to apologise.

You too, have a nice day.

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Chickenwire

Maybe we're looking at this wrongly...

As a long-time lurker and irregular poster I'm not interested in the 'points scoring' of a league or number of posts registered; however, what might be useful - especially for those 'single-shot' visitors is somewhere they can get some valuable information from the experts...

Let me explain, for those who want to (and can...) like SLO76, why not have a system of tags that outline a poster's experience and interests; and a search function that will show who might be of use in any given situation.

If I was GB then I'd have that I know about Lorries, old-time off-road vehicles, and that I was turned off by modern frivolities like power steering and windows (joke)...

Just a thought.

And I hope we ALL have a nice day.

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - alan1302

Most other forums I visit (cyclechat, C4P and PPRUNe) all either show by default members' total posts or display it via one click. It's information one can use or ignore; why not make it available?

Why go to the effort of making it avaiablbe?

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - Bromptonaut

I guess for most forum software it's a feature that the site owner can turn on/off at will.

As this site's software is a bit well, shall we say esoteric? it may be a bit diferent.

Who posts most???? - Avant.. Prolific posters - scot22

I very much like Chickenwire's suggestion. It would be helpful to know if someone, for example, has experience in the motor trade (relies on truth but bluffers are invariably exposed) or like me, interested but neglible practical experience and obsessed with safety.

Obviously this can usually be gleaned by reading posts but helpful to have something set out.

A perfectly reasonable idea ORB but, as most have said, not of real value.