Honest John - Please Promote - daveyK_UK

ht www.vwemissionsaction.com

large legal action against disgusting VW behaviour.

please publicise.

any diesel VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda owners, please join the fight.

Honest John - Please Promote - RT

ht www.vwemissionsaction.com

large legal action against disgusting VW behaviour.

please publicise.

any diesel VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda owners, please join the fight.

Bandwagon jumping - I'm not joining - how about a campaign to get Fiat, Opel/Vauxhall, Mercedes-Benz, etc to pay compensation?

if you dont want to make yourself financially better off, that is your choice.

But VW have lied, the 'fix' does not work (see ask honest john) and the conduct of the head of VW UK is disgraceful

Honest John - Please Promote - skidpan

I won't be joining either but since I own a petrol it does not affect me.

Having had 2 VW diesels in the past, both of which I was very happy with, if I was still a high mileage user I would consider another, probably the Superb 150 PS.

Even your beloved Jap cars have had issues, think back 7 or so years to the Toyota scandal.

Edited by skidpan on 28/02/2017 at 18:38

Honest John - Please Promote - cws

Liking the swipe here of 'beloved Jap cars'.....

Yes Toyota got caught out but they had the guts to admit it with Akio Toyoda personally doing the rounds to get the mess resolved, publicly apologising and then instigatigating investigation/fixes. No such action from Herr Winterkorn, during his attempt to ride-out the storm - yet another example of VW group arrogance. Fact is Japanese car companies, especially Toyota/Honda take customer satisfaction far more seriously than many other manufacturers (read the book 'End of Detroit' by Michelle Maynard to get a full insight of how Toyota and Honda do business and value the customer). Oh and I don't drive a Japanese car but I can see why plenty do.

I don't condone lawsuits as a rule but I pity owners stuck with one of the afflicted models. Yes everyone massaged their results but no one to the extent that VW went to (and yes, after this amount of time other cheats would have been found out - you can rest assured the EPA will have tested all the other German imports). The German government had a vested interest in pushing through the emission fix ASAP because the State of Lower Saxony owns 1/3 of VAG, not to mention what VW exports add to German balance of payment figures and domestic wealth.

All of which adds up to why I ditched VAG group cars 5years ago - a company firmly run by accountants not engineers.

Honest John - Please Promote - RobJP

if you dont want to make yourself financially better off, that is your choice.

But VW have lied, the 'fix' does not work (see ask honest john) and the conduct of the head of VW UK is disgraceful

Maybe so. But promoting this would just help to make the biggest firm of parasitic lawyers even bigger

All those articles talking about the compensation culture, and the increases in insurance premiums ? Slated Grinders even have a 'department' dedicated to claims against flights where you got off the flight feeling ill, so therefore the airline must be responsible for your illness, so hey, make a claim !

Of course, if they want to advertise on this site (and pay for such advertisments), then that is a different matter, and HJ is free to accept (or refuse to accept) any such advert.

But they are NOT a 'public service'. They are a business.

Honest John - Please Promote - SLO76
I was entirely against this action until I allowed VW to carry out their software update on our 1.2 TDi Polo after much insistence from our normally excellent dealer that I would notice no difference to performance or economy.

The car now has noticeably increased turbo lag at low speed particularly when pulling out into traffic when you need it to move, it now bogs down. I wasn't too upset by VW's cheat software as every firm has had to fiddle their way past unrealistic EU legislation regarding diesel cars but I am upset by the second lie that my cars performance and thus safety would not be affected to its detriment and may join in purely to deter other firms and VAG from lying about the effects of fixing their emission fiddles.

VW deserve to pay and the owners deserve compensation.

Please join the legal action campaign

Honest John - Please Promote - Avant

I'll check with HJ whether we should be promoting this.

Honest John - Please Promote - concrete

I'll check with HJ whether we should be promoting this.

At least we can't blame the referendum result on this one!!!! Concrete

Honest John - Please Promote - Brit_in_Germany

He was promoting particular lawyers for a class action in respect of the Tiguan problems:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/volkswagen/tiguan-20...d

Honest John - Please Promote - jc2

May I point out that ALL emission,fuel consumption and engine performance tests in the EU are observed by Government or Government approved engineers-this does not happen in the US.In the US vehicles are built and tested by the manufacturers who forward the results to the EPA(Environment Protection Agency) or to CARB(California Air Resources Board) who may or may noit call the vehicle in for testing in front of their engineers.

Honest John - Please Promote - veloceman
I keep hearing the phrase. 'I don't believe in compensation culture, but ..........
As soon as people think they may be in for a bit of cash they change their view.
I have a friend who has a A5 diesel. Had it sorted and can feel no difference, yet would still be up for a claim.
The only reason VW diesel owners will lose out is that they bought a diesel.
Saving a few quid on mpg while knowingly belching out noxious fumes.
Don't tell me they didn't know. We've all followed diesel cars put up with the fumes and smell.
Thank goodness people are waking up to the fact that dirty stinking diesels should be banned. NOW!
Honest John - Please Promote - focussed

"Thank goodness people are waking up to the fact that dirty stinking diesels should be banned. NOW! "

On the basis that the EU emission standards for Euro 6 petrol and diesel engines are close to identical - and are identical for particulate matter emissions, you have no justification for jumping on that particular emotive bandwagon.

Check it out - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards