Land Rover Freelander 2 - Freelander Alternator Diagnosis and Replace Cost - frank_butcher

2007 3.2 i6 HSE 5d Auto Gas Conversion

The battery was replaced in November 2015. Today the battery warning light has started to illuminate.

Diagnosis
I put a volt meter on the battery when engine off and it read 12.1.
When the engine was running it dropped to 11.5
When revving it did not move from 11.5
When off it went back to 12.1

Does this mean the alternator is not working? Or are there regulators on these things, which prevent more than 12V being disributed?

If this is an alternator fault how much would this cost to replace?

We are looking at trading this in with a dealer for a much smaller cheaper car. The dealer p/ex prices are around £5.5K. How much could we expect if there is an alternator fault?

Land Rover Freelander 2 - Freelander Alternator Diagnosis and Replace Cost - gordonbennet

I have no idea about the electrical problem, but, assuming you get it sorted cheaply (i'd let a good auto electrician have a look) you should be able to sell that LPG converted FL2 no trouble at all, i'd be inclined to offer it on LR owners forum first, should get a decent price than you're a straight cash buyer.

Seems a shame to sell a gas converted car, you'll struggle to find anything cheaper to run.

Land Rover Freelander 2 - Freelander Alternator Diagnosis and Replace Cost - elekie&a/c doctor

Guess you have the Volvo 6 engine in this.Looks like the alternator is not charging.Get the system tested properly but sounds like you are going to need an exchange alternator.As an estimate ,around £4-500 fixed.The car is not going to drive far without out.Petrol engine versions are quite rare in europe,so not sure what the demand would be s/hand.