Parkers - corax

Is it me or is Parkers virtually unusable these days? Half the screen is taken up by adverts leaving you the other half to try and get the info you want.

You click to remove the advert but it comes back after a few seconds. It's almost like looking through a mail slot. Then you try and read some owners reviews, and not only do you have to contend with a half screen, but you have to click individually on each review to read more.

Yes, I use HJ for information, but sometimes there is one small detail that is missing that could be on another site.

Parkers isn't the only one, there are also others that have gone down the pan in terms of usability. I'd say HJ is one of the best ones for navigation.

Maybe I've missed something. Maybe there is a corner somewhere that says you can have the 'full fat' version for a monthly sub!

Parkers - Engineer Andy

Annoyingly, with the ad blocker on (Firefox with ABP), the top half of the screen just stays white and doesn't move - leaving the bottom half only to view information. Pretty poor - I know many sites (including HJ) earn their keep through ads, but I think many sites (the Telegraph is one of the worst IMO) are WAY overloaded with ads - the 'picture only' banner ads are fine (as long as the screen isn't filled with them) - its the video/flash ads (especially those you cannot get rid of without blocking everything) that really slow down browsing and take up bandwidth that I hate. The Telegraph also now comes up with a popup (even with the popup blocker on, AND I'm a paying customer too!) saying 'the ads pay for the site - please turn them back on' - they and many other don't realise we're ther for the information, NOT the ads. Too much, too intrusive!

Whilst Parkers does, to a small degree, compliment HJ's site (more photos and the occasional bit of info missing here), most of it is on HJ, better quality and less 'tabloid'.

Parkers - oldroverboy.

I use a combination of adblock plus, chrome, chrome settings to block pop ups and sometimes not show images/video with increaded zoom in and that gets rid of the stuff round the edges.

Parkers - gordonbennet

I use a combination of adblock plus, chrome, chrome settings to block pop ups and sometimes not show images/video with increaded zoom in and that gets rid of the stuff round the edges.

Try giving Ghostery a test drive ORB and see how many trackers are watching you at this very moment, it's 11 by the way, they won't be once you activate it.

Parkers - corax

Annoyingly, with the ad blocker on (Firefox with ABP), the top half of the screen just stays white and doesn't move - leaving the bottom half only to view information.

I disabled ABP on Parkers and that made it worse, because as you say, the screen stays white and also removes the delete cross in the corner, so you can't even remove the ad temporarily.