Volvo C30 diesel 1600 2007 - Throttle position sensor - scot22

I have a 'reduced engine performance' appearing intermittently. The error code shows it is a problem with the throttle position sensor. What does this do ? Is it something that needs attention asap ? What is likely to need doing ?

Volvo C30 diesel 1600 2007 - Throttle position sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find that the throttle position sensor refers to the electronic throttle pedal.If you do decide to replace it,then it is the same part you would find on a Ford focus.In fact it will probably have the Ford/hella emblem stamped on it.

Thanks for your prompt help. Is it better to replace it ? Might be a daft question but is it important ?

Volvo C30 diesel 1600 2007 - Throttle position sensor - galileo

Thanks for your prompt help. Is it better to replace it ? Might be a daft question but is it important ?

Only important if you want the accelerator pedal to control the engine speed.

This sensor and electronics are instead of the cable that used to run from accelerator to carburettor on older, simple cars.

Volvo C30 diesel 1600 2007 - Throttle position sensor - galileo

Only important if you want the accelerator pedal to control the engine speed.

This sensor and electronics are instead of the cable that used to run from accelerator to carburettor (or fuel pump) on older, simple cars.

Thanks - message understood I'll ring the garage first thing tomorrow !

Had new pedal and electronics (volvo) done by trusted local Bosch service centre. Total cost £267. Result - peace of mind. Thanks for clear advice.

Volvo C30 diesel 1600 2007 - Throttle position sensor - Samsamparry
Hi, do you know if a Volvo C30 1.6 Diesel 2010 has a throttle position sensor or just a accelerator position sensor? Can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.
Thanks