Honda cbr400 - Honda cbr400 rr ( baby blade ) . - corinthian

The machine hasn't been run for two years . It did run perfectly , but due to my age , and the bike not being with me , ( garaged elsewhere ) it now won't start. Do i sell it as scrap or pay someone to look at it . I could fix whatever the problem is , but can't due to age , kneeling and so on . It has , for the past two years been on a optimate charger .

Honda cbr400 - Honda cbr400 rr ( baby blade ) . - RobJP

It most likely just needs a service, maybe a new battery. So you've got to decide if it's worth spending the money on getting it fixed, compared to what it's worth when fixed.

Honda cbr400 - Honda cbr400 rr ( baby blade ) . - craig-pd130

I would suspect the fuel's gone off and gummed up the carbs a bit. After being off the road for two years it would probably need the brake calipers overhauling too and a good check over before going back on the road.

Easily within the capabilities of a decent mechanic but it's a question of how much you're prepared to pay to have it recommissioned ....

Honda cbr400 - Honda cbr400 rr ( baby blade ) . - Cris_on_the_gas

It's one of the best bikes from one of the best manufacturers.

It should not take someone with a bit of knowledge to get it running. It has been suggested that the carbs could be gummed up. Most likely and they could be cleaned up in a couple of hours or less.

If the engine spinning on the starter then it's either fuel or ignition. I'd check for spark at plug, then work back if not.

Good luck

Honda cbr400 - Honda cbr400 rr ( baby blade ) . - richard meri

Richard Hammond reviews the 2000 model Honda CBR 400, also known as - the baby Blade.

The Kawasaki Ninja is powered by a 399cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine that is capable of producing 45.6 PS of power and 38 Nm of torque. The 2019 Honda CBR 400 R is powered by a 399cc in-line two-cylinder engine that develops 46 PS of power and 38 Nm .

(Link deleted)

Edited by Avant on 18/09/2019 at 01:12

Honda cbr400 - Honda cbr400 rr ( baby blade ) . - Engineer Andy

Another spammer.