FORD 1.6 SPORTKA SE 2005 - alarm/locking KA Sport 2005 - johnniebing

hi , could someone help me with a problem on a KA Sport 2005 , the alarm goes off when unlocking the doors with the key fob , many thanks in advance

FORD 1.6 SPORTKA SE 2005 - alarm/locking KA Sport 2005 - jc2

It's supposed to-if you lock with the key and unlock using the key,the alarm should not sound but if you lock with the remote and unlock with the key,it should sound.Put the key in the ignition and turn,then the alarm should stop.Always unlock the car in the same way as it was locked.It's spelt out in the driver's manual.

FORD 1.6 SPORTKA SE 2005 - alarm/locking KA Sport 2005 - elekie&a/c doctor
Does the car lock/unlock from the buttons on the remote key fob?

hi , the car locks and unlocks ok from the remote key fob , but when unlocking it sets the alarm off , its a pain as people think that ya trying to break into car

Edited by johnniebing on 27/01/2017 at 17:30

FORD 1.6 SPORTKA SE 2005 - alarm/locking KA Sport 2005 - elekie&a/c doctor

Can't say I have ever seen this before.I guess at a last resort it would be possible to disconnect the alarm sounder/horn unit.Is this a factory fit alarm,or an aftermarket add-on kit?

factory fit alarm, i found on google to unplug the alarm module for about an hour or so to reset the module , but cant seem to find the module , but i would of thought disconnecting the battery would do the same thing