2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - Leighites
I have lost faith as this new car with only 3660 miles has failed me 4 times without any warning as driving in traffic - once approaching a roundabout and twice whilst overtaking. It doesn't restart for some minutes causing me great anxiety as the the traffic jams grow. No faults show up on the cars computer listings. So far Peugeot have carried out an ECU and gearbox update and next are to fit a new petrol pump. I have been without the car for 7 days which include an aborted trip to Calais and the courtesy car they tell me does not cover me in France. Feeling very frustrated as have no faith in my car. Any advice please very welcome. Perhaps the petrol pump will resolve it but what if not as my first year under warranty expires on January 29th. I have written saying I will not take it back again if no improvement.
2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - skidpan
I have written saying I will not take it back again if no improvement.

Why have you done that. What incentive have they to sort it if they know by not fixing it they have seen the last of you.

And what will you be doing with a car you have no faith in and form your description appears to be dangerous.

Or am I missing something?

2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - RobJP
I have written saying I will not take it back again if no improvement.

Why have you done that. What incentive have they to sort it if they know by not fixing it they have seen the last of you.

And what will you be doing with a car you have no faith in and form your description appears to be dangerous.

Or am I missing something?

The OP has dropped the car off with the dealership, and will not 'take it back', i.e. accept it being returned FROM the dealership) if the problem remains.

2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - SLO76
Have you contacted Peugeot customer services themselves or are you just dealing direct with the dealer?
2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - Bromptonaut

My standard contribution to threads like this:

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06

2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - SLO76
Contacting Peugeots customer services direct is the first step if the OP hasn't already done so.

I had trouble with our incompetent local Honda dealer regarding a badly juddering clutch on our CRV. Every time it went in to be checked with the instruction to drive it when cold they returned the car stating either no fault found or that a slight judder was either a characteristic of the car or down to my driving. The car was almost undrivable when cold. To me there was an oil leak from the input shaft seal which was contaminating the clutch plate causing judder until the oil burnt off.

I bypassed them and went straight to Honda customer services who couldn't have been any more helpful. Car was rapidly reassessed and a new clutch fitted foc despite having covered 25k. Point is often the dealer is a little more proactive with the manufacturers customer services team looking over their shoulder.
2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - joe shadbolt

hi there

ive got a new 308 1.6 brought in march 2017 and have just had the same problem, car is with garage now and have said found no problem with it , just waiting to see my options with them .

2016 Peugeot 308 1.2 THP - Engine cutting out dangerously when driving - daveyK_UK

Any information on the owners forum?