2014 BMW 320d m sport - xenon lights driving abroad - NAthan smith
I have the xenon lights on my BMW and can't find any info in the book about driving abroad and whether or not you need "deflectors" whcih I know are a pain the rear to fit. My Audi A5 had a setting change on the menus but again can't seem to find this on the BMW? Any advice experience of this?
2014 BMW 320d m sport - xenon lights driving abroad - RT

Deflectors were needed for tunsten/halogen lights with a "Y" dipped beam pattern which sloped up above the horizontal on the nearside.

Xenon's generally have a flat or "Z" dipped beam pattern that even on it's high "step" doesn't go above the horizontal - so doesn't need deflectors.

2014 BMW 320d m sport - xenon lights driving abroad - RobJP

I can't check any more, because my F31 3 series went yesterday. However I can confirm that the information IS either in the book or in the screen-based owner's manual that you access through the i-drive.

I know it is, because I had to look it up myself a couple of years ago.

2014 BMW 320d m sport - xenon lights driving abroad - Smileyman

Whenever I have taken my Nissan Primera overseas I have stuck beam bender plastic gadgets on the plastic lens cover - this car has factory xenon lamps, works well. The lens pattern does change, the left side upslope of light no longer blinds oncoming motorists. Nothing in the users handbook about adjusting the headlights for continental driving, xenon or haloglen.