Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - FiatLover

<*** src="webkit-fake-url://1547e3de-f6a3-43b5-8a9d-b27fd5c894b8/image.tiff" alt="" />

So I was driving and had been sat at these lights for 10 minutes without it changing, it was late and there were no cars around so I went through. Bad of me I know but I was honestly there for 10 minutes before making this call. Does anyone know if the round black thing on top of the traffic light is a sensor or a camera? Im worried it's a camera and that I should be expecting a penalty and points. Any help would be great thanks!

Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - RobJP

Generally just a sensor. You should be fine

Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - FiatLover

s1268.photobucket.com/user/fiatlover1/media/Screen...l

Edited by FiatLover on 14/01/2017 at 14:05

Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - Bromptonaut

Looks like a sensor, possibly type used at lights with bus prioroty. Traffic light cameras usually look similar to speed cameras and take two timed photographs to show light going red and time gap until line is crossed.

If you waited 10mins the sensor is faulty or perhaps you were wrongly positioned.

This one is near home and controls alternate one way traffic over a narrow bridge on a blind bend:

goo.gl/maps/rPrq9WAG3CQ2

It won't change until you go right up to the stop line. Vehicles are then detected by the wiring in the road.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 14/01/2017 at 14:35

Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - Jane veloura
Hi, I know where this is and I went through one nearby on red by accident can you tell me what happened? Really worried. So you know what they are for? Apparently they're either thermal sensors for bicycles or a camera that can catch you.
Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - Engineer Andy

Not sure if this is a bus lane camera near where I live (this is in Cambridge and does have 'bus lane camera' signs twice in the preceeding 200m of road)

www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2104572,0.145715,3a,50.6...n

Whatever it is is on the LH pole of the large sign, at the top.

Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - Jane veloura
The one I was talking about is round and on top of a traffic light at a pedestrian crossing. No bus lanes, just 4 lanes before another set at a roundabout.

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachment...2 looks like this
Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - concrete
Hi, I know where this is and I went through one nearby on red by accident can you tell me what happened? Really worried. So you know what they are for? Apparently they're either thermal sensors for bicycles or a camera that can catch you.

By accident !!! Lucky girl. Concrete

Any - Traffic Light Camera or Sensor? - focussed

They could be sensors for the Puffin crossing.

Pedestrian User-Friendly Intelligent crossing (bit of a mouthful) or Puffin crossing for short.

These pedestrian crossings look very similar to Pelican crossings, but have sensors on top of the traffic lights. These sensors detect if pedestrians are crossing slowly and can hold the red traffic light longer if needed.

These do not have a flashing amber light as part of it's sequence and phase like normal traffic lights.