Border Control Europe Style - Kia Ora

For the Oktoberfest in Munich a huge fence has been erected to control entry for security purposes.

So let me get this sorted. The Gerries have decided to have an open border policy on their actual country, but want the beer fest locked down.

You can't make this stuff up.

Border Control Europe Style - FP

You mean there will be security checks, as there are for some events/public buildings etc. all over the place - not just in Germany?

So what? What has this to do with open borders?

Border Control Europe Style - RobJP

You mean there will be security checks, as there are for some events/public buildings etc. all over the place - not just in Germany?

Yup. In what way will this be any different to the security checks in place at (for example) the Olympic park in 2012, which you had to go through whether or not you had tickets for an event ?

Border Control Europe Style - RobJP

Yup. In what way will this be any different to the security checks in place at (for example) the Olympic park in 2012, which you had to go through whether or not you had tickets for an event ?

Having said that, I note the original question was written by 'Kia Ora', who's previous posts included an interesting one on Visa requirements for other countries once we've left the EU, and his comment that he wouldn't want to go there, as it 'would be an open sewer'.

My thought on the matter was that he doesn't want to go there, and I doubt they'd want him there if they knew what a rank racist he was.

Border Control Europe Style - Avant

Not a racist - an Orangeman perhaps?

Border Control Europe Style - FP

"... I note the original question was written by 'Kia Ora', who's previous posts included an interesting one on Visa requirements for other countries once we've left the EU, and his comment that he wouldn't want to go there, as it 'would be an open sewer'."

Not only that; he also contributed a thread on Islamophobia. I didn't like that one either.