Hyundai i40 diesel - New car? - Glesgaman

Hello - I'm looking for a new car. I currently have a banged up old civic and am now looking at a Hyundai i40. Having never owned or driven a Hyundai, my question is are these cars any good? I have noticed they are very common as private hire taxi drivers in Glasgow and a couple have told me they are far better and more reliable than their precious skodas. Thank you.

Hyundai i40 diesel - New car? - RobJP

There's a taxi / airport run driver on here occasionally who has one, and likes it a lot.

If cabbies think it's good, then it's generally good. They spend a lot of time behind the wheel.

Hyundai i40 diesel - New car? - galileo

Don't forget Hyundai standard warranty is 5 years, unlimited mileage for private buyers.

More than VAG group offer.

Hyundai i40 diesel - New car? - Falkirk Bairn

There seems to be some good deals going on Toyota Avensis - the petrols are really economic and avoids the diesel money pits. Depends on your mileage + 5yr warranty

Hyundai i40 diesel - New car? - TopScot

I'm on my second i40, both used as taxi. Up to 85k with no issues. They are fantastic on fuel, have a very premium feel both inside and out, and the reason they are so popular as taxi - they give the best warranty in the business but doubt you'll need it, these cars are solid! Also chain cam too!